Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 63 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 18, 2010, 01:02 AM

There are now only 63 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here two quotes for yesterday and today!

"We've caught Potter!"
- Fenrir Greyback
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor"

"Mundungus Fletcher," croaked the elf, his eyes still tight shut. "Mundungus Fletcher stole it all: Miss Bella's and Miss Cissy's pictures, my Mistress's gloves, the Order of Merlin, First Class, the goblets with the family crest, and -- and --"
Kreacher was gulping for air: His hollow chest was rising and falling rapidly, then his eyes flew open and he uttered a bloodcurdling scream.
"--and the locket, Master Regulus's locket, Kreacher did wrong, Kreacher failed in his orders!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Kreacher's Tale"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

i LOVE KREACHER!! one of the best characters ever… then again…. most of the characters in hp are the best characters ever….

Posted by Sohumdore on September 18, 2010, 01:43 AM report to moderator

i loved kreacher too! escpecially when he became friends with harry after harry started treating him nicely.. aw so cute :)

Posted by nat11 on September 18, 2010, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

Ehhh… Kreacher is kinda creepy….

Posted by MJB™ on September 18, 2010, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

This chapter made me so sad, even though I wasn’t particularly fond of Kreacher. This endeared him more to me.

Posted by SlyBones on September 18, 2010, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I like Kreacher but only after when he became trio’s friend. Otherwise i can’t forget Sirius died only because of him.
The 1st quote gave me goosebumps. It was the most dreadful chapter, i thanked Draco when he denied to recognise Harry and the others too.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 18, 2010, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

sad

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 18, 2010, 04:44 AM report to moderator
Pia_thumb

I felt so sorry for Kreacher here, he turned out to be such a great little guy

Posted by ♥PygmyPuffPia♥ ΡặΡặҰặ ツ on September 18, 2010, 05:28 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

poor kreacher,,, dumbledore was right,, house-elves are what wizards made them to be,,,, they deserve to be treated with a bit of kindness

Posted by hermy on September 18, 2010, 05:28 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Poor little Kreacher … x)
IWANNAKILLGREYBACKTHOUGHHE’SABLOODYANIMAL!!!!!
x(

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 18, 2010, 06:01 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Quote 1: Ugh, this was a terrible moment. I could not see how they could possibly escape.

Quote 2: My heart broke for Kreacher here. What a wrenching story. Mundungus!!!

Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I didn’t like Kreacher at the beginning, but he turned out to be so great :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 18, 2010, 06:21 AM report to moderator

Just like Dobby betrayed the Malfoys…Kreacher betrayed Sirius because he did not know how to treat him. I love how J.K. reinforces this theme on both sides of the battle.

Posted by jjh1234 on September 18, 2010, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I love it how Kreacher is the one leading the elves in the Battle at Hogwarts :-D
and he does this in his master’s memory
@jjh1234 Her books are full of symbolism, I love it too!

Posted by devilskinn on September 18, 2010, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Oh poor Kreacher, this made me really feel for him =(

Posted by eccentricalice on September 18, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i also love how how kreacher led the elfs into battle

Posted by athena lupin on September 18, 2010, 11:00 AM report to moderator

"Yeh know wha', Harry?" he said, looking up from the photograph of his father, his eyes very bright, "when I firs' met you, you reminded me o' me a bit. Mum an' Dad gone, an' you was feelin' like yet wouldn' fit in at Hogwarts, remember? Not sure yeh were