Rowling's Original Handwritten Chamber of Secrets Manuscripts on Display at Book Festival

Harry Potter and the Philosophers / Sorcerers Stone
Posted by: Rosi
September 19, 2010, 01:22 AM

J.K. Rowling's original and signed manuscripts from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be on display at the Wigtown Book Festival from today, according to a report in The Scotsman. Framed handwritten pages from the second book, including edited-out Ballad of Nearly Headless Nick, will be on display at ReadingLasses bookshop in Wigtown, Scotland.

The manuscripts, donated by the Harry Potter author to the Scottish Language Dictionaries in 2005 to help fund a new Scottish language dictionary, now belong to book collector and publisher Ilyas Khan. The Wigtown Book Festival runs until the 2nd of October; you can find out more information about what's on here at the Wigtown Book Festival website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Philosophers / Sorcerers Stone News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Here’s another book from Potterworld that JKR could put out without getting sucked too far back into it, besides the Encyclopedia: a small volume of song lyrics. I’d love to know all the words to “Odo the Hero,” for instance. I hope that she is still cranking out backstory ballads here and there!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 19, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The BBC has a small slightly cropped picture of the 2 pages in their article at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11365173

Posted by roonwit on September 19, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Love to see this

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on September 19, 2010, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

OMG. This is too cool!

“If it’s not Scottish, it’s crap.”

Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

awesome I wanna GOOO!!! I’m so jealous!!!!!:(!!!!!but lucky scots!

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on September 19, 2010, 11:18 PM report to moderator

I wish I could go there and see it :(

Posted by daldula on September 20, 2010, 05:11 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I have school age kids and have heard some teachers say that cursive writing may be lost in a generation. I don’t do it much because I worry that others won’t be able to read it. Mostly I print or type on a computer … Jo continues to inspire!

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on September 20, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

how i wish i could see that

Posted by hermy on September 20, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I wish I could see that! O_O

Posted by SlyBones on September 20, 2010, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

so epic to see those pages

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 21, 2010, 12:58 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I wish I coul see that :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 21, 2010, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_20091106125430dumbledore_thumb
2059 Points

jk really looks great in her picture..

Posted by ♫Dumbledore'sApprentice♫ on September 22, 2010, 05:03 AM report to moderator
Red_lips_2_thumb

That would be amazing!

Posted by LittleMonster on September 24, 2010, 03:04 AM report to moderator
247453_10150206929289313_156794164312_6556162_895084_n_thumb

thats amazing :)

Posted by eas96 on June 22, 2011, 06:49 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"It's lucky it's dark. I haven't blushed so much since Madam Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs."