Confirmed: AVPM's Darren Criss Cast on FOX's "Glee"

Fans
Posted by: Edward
September 26, 2010, 06:53 PM

There is a bit of fandom news online today, for Harry Potter has gotta get back to McKinley High.  Entertainment Weekly is reporting that actor and singer Darren Criss, star of the popular fan-created YouTube musicals "A Very Potter Musical" and "A Very Potter Sequel," has been cast on the also popular FOX television show, "Glee."  The article goes on to say that Criss has been cast as "Blaine—a cute and charismatic gay student from a rival Glee club named the Dalton Academy Warblers—will maintain a strictly platonic friendship with McKinley High’s most out and proud pupil" (Kurt, portrayed by actor Chris Colfer).  Mr. Criss received his role on the show following his submission of an audition tape as part of an open casting call "Glee" producers held this summer.  As readers will reacall, Leaky conducted an interview with Criss and his fellow "A Very Potter Musical" creators in 2009, which can be seen via this link.

"Glee" airs Tuesday evenings at 8/7c on the FOX television network in the States.

Update: Leaky has confirmed this casting to be accurate.  Criss' role is to involve the story line involving Kurt's boyfriend, says a source close to the casting.

Many, many thanks to Andrew! :)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

This is awesome. I love Glee, i love AVPM and i love Darren Criss! I Love IT!

Posted by Traceymmm on September 27, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

:O:O:O YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY XD

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 27, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

potter takes you places

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 27, 2010, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Wow,this is really cool,i mean that’s totally awesome! :)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on September 27, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I love such moments when great people (and we all are sure that Darren is great) achieve something huge (and I consider a role [even not the most important one] in a leading americain tv-show such as Glee a huge success!)!!! He most definitely deserved it! I hope they will give him a lot of appearences. It happens, when the actor is very good, the scenario can always be changed. I watched an interview with Chris Colfer where he said that initially Kurt’s part had been very small and unimportant and after the audition with Chris scenarists transformed Kurt in one of the main characters! So, we can hope that the same will happen with Darren!
And of course… This is TOTALLY AWESOME! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on September 27, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

AMAZING! YAY! So excited to see this!!!
WOO! WOO! 2 of my favorite things combined! <3

Posted by Crazy and Proud on September 27, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

Oh and of course it’s going to be totally awesome! :D

Posted by Crazy and Proud on September 27, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I promised all of my Gleeky friends that I would start watching and following the show ONLY if Darren went on it… Guess I’m going to have to watch it now!!! :D :D :D

Really, I’m SO happy for him! He’s so unbelievably talented and really deserves this! His popularity is going to SKYROCKET!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on September 27, 2010, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

AND LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT I AM AN ORIGINAL DARREN CRISS FANGIRL. ;D

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on September 27, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

So wonderful to see the Potter fandom represented on such an outstanding show. (Even if he was taken completely by surprise at how his work (and that of his friends in StarKid) was so emphatically embraced by the fandom!)

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on September 27, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I’ve geeked out over this all day! WOW!! Go, Darren, go! I’m so glad for him! For the record, we knew him first! :D

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on September 27, 2010, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

Oh, shut up. Contrary to what you may think, we aren’t monsters.

Posted by Finny on September 27, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wow! Cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 27, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

Omigosh! I am SO excited! I literally screamed when I read this. Although I might die if he becomes more known for his Glee role than for AVPM/AVPS.

Posted by Potter_Puella on September 27, 2010, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

i never watched glee, but my friends rave about it so ill watch! maybe my gellk friend who ive been begging to watch the starkid stuff

"I wrote them down!" Neville was saying tearfully. "But I must've dropped them somewhere!"[br]"A likely tale!" roared Sir Cadogan. Then, spotting Harry and Ron: "Good even, my fine young yeomen! Come clap this loon in irons. He is trying to force entry to