Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 76 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 04, 2010, 02:29 PM

We have for you another double quotedown for this holiday weekend in the States!  There are now only 76 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here are the quotes!

"The Elder Wand," he said, and he drew a straight vertical line upon the parchment. "The Resurrection Stone," he said, and he added a circle on top of the line. "The Cloak of Invisibility," he finished, enclosing both line and circle in a triangle, to make the symbol that so intrigued Hermione. "Together," he said, "the Deathly Hallows."
     - Xenophilius Lovegood
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Tale of the Three Brothers"

"Bathilda?" Harry repeated.
She nodded again. Harry became aware of the locket against his skin; the thing inside it that sometimes ticked or beat had woken; he could feel it pulsing against the cold gold. . . .
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Bathilda's Secret"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I love the quote by Xenophilius Lovegood and the story of the three brothers! Can’t wait to see how the story is presented in the movies.

Posted by doughboy6390 on September 04, 2010, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

This quote is amazing by Xenophilius. Its the part where the trio really find out what the symbol means. A big part in the story. I agree with doughboy as to how the story is presented in the movies. I really want to see how ‘spot on’ they made Luna’s dad to be. Only 75 days left! can’t wait!

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 04, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 04, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Great quotes! I can’t believe it’s coming out so soon! Every time I look at the countdown I just get excited all over again!

Posted by Jacket on September 04, 2010, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_007_thumb

yaaay, cant waiit! :D loved reading this part in the boook :D

Posted by mmmDraco;x {^HISS^} ☮♡ϟ on September 04, 2010, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Such intense quotes………..I remember the place and time precisely….

Imagescaz0ju4o_thumb

I’m rereading DH at the mo and I read that chapter earlier today!

Posted by casweasley on September 04, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator
The_magic_is_gone_thumb

Whoa. Just.. whoa

Posted by iButterbeer on September 04, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

3 words:
DEATHLY.HALLOWS.ROCKS.
x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 04, 2010, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

Hermione frustrated me so much during that chapter (Tale of three brothers)!!! Couldn’t believe she believed it to be legend and had NO validation at all to it when she’s seen Harry’s cloak for like seven years!!! She was just so darn stubborn!! >_< I can see how she can make Luna angry.

Oh and that other chapter was awesome, my hear beat so hard in my chest while I read it. It was just soooooo creepy!

Posted by SlyBones on September 04, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Can’t wait to see how they create the scene where Nagini comes out of her. Should be shocking.

Posted by taoist1 on September 04, 2010, 05:04 PM report to moderator

so many quotes, so many pics, far too much excitement! i cant contain it!

Posted by Traceymmm on September 04, 2010, 05:13 PM report to moderator

woo!! 76days!! although that is 76 days too long for my liking!!

Posted by Beksey_S on September 04, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

Both these quotes are EPIC!!!!!

Posted by MJB™ on September 04, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Great quotes!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 04, 2010, 05:29 PM report to moderator

"I've seen those things [Muggles] think are gnomes," said Ron, bent double with his head in a peony bush, "like fat little Santa Clauses with fishing rods...."