Read The Hunger Games with Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
September 06, 2010, 12:56 AM

This month, join Jo's Book Nook - our non Harry Potter book club at the Leaky Lounge - in reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The Book Nook invites you to take part in reading all three books in the Hunger Games series: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and the recently released Mockingjay.

You can take part at the Leaky Lounge, right here; Jo's Book Nook will be reading The Hunger Games until the 2nd of October.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

Great choice! I love this trilogy. It’s my second favorite series. HP being #1 of course. I really recommend this to everyone!

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on September 06, 2010, 01:16 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I’ve never heard of this series O_o

Posted by SlyBones on September 06, 2010, 02:31 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Ooh, I LOVE the Hunger Games!!!

Posted by butterbeer bottle on September 06, 2010, 02:41 AM report to moderator

I have never heard of these books. What are they about?

Posted by KiwiBrian on September 06, 2010, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Great choice!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 06, 2010, 05:49 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

LOVE hunger games :) amazing books

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on September 06, 2010, 08:18 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Well, to everyone that hasn’t read them, the best way to describe them is amazing. It’s a sci-fi series, set in the nation now known as Panem, the ruins of North Ameica. In the first book, Pamen consists of a rich Capitol surrounded by 12 impoverished districts. Originally there were 13 districts, but the last one was obliterated after a war, when the dirsticts rebelled against the Capitol. Another result of this war was the Hunger Games, in which 2 tributes- a girl and a boy- from each district are forced to participate in. In the Hunger Games the only rule is kill or be killed: only one person can escape the vast outdoors arena by fighting to the death; literally. The winner is the only one alive. In the novel, we see the protagonist, Katniss Everdeen (the characters names get weirded throughout the book) forced to become a tribute in the Hunger Games.
Hope I gave a description which gives the book justice. I think it is absolutely amazing, and definately a worthwhile read.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on September 06, 2010, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I did not know it. Thanks butterbeer bottle.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 06, 2010, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I love those books, but they are pretty creepy, I think __

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 06, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

*^__^

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 06, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

I wish I could take part in this but I’m already swamped with reading for university/ my dissertation :/ ah well, I’ll get round to it eventually :)

Posted by Sigourney♥ on September 06, 2010, 11:14 AM report to moderator

Excellent book. I just finished it yesterday.

Posted by longklaw on September 06, 2010, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

never heard of this series but sounds interesting

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 06, 2010, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I’ve never heard of it, but it sounds interesting enough for me to pick it up.

Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

The first two books are amazing and spot on target – Book 3 was powerful in terms of plot, but I had problems with some of the character development. Still, a worthy series for Potter-lovers to get into and discuss!

Posted by Agrippa1 on September 06, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry noticed that Ron's version of events changed subtly with every retelling. At first, he gave what seemed to be the truth... One week later, however, Ron was telling a thrilling tale of kidnap in which he struggled single-handedly against fifty heavil