The Oprah Winfrey Show Looking for Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
September 08, 2010, 07:33 PM

The Oprah Show is searching for Harry Potter fans willing to appear on the programme to talk about how J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter series has inspired them or their family. A short description on the application to appear on the show reads as follows:

Are you or your children obsessed with the Harry Potter series? Have you read all the books and seen all the movies multiple times? How has the series helped you bond with your children or parents? Has J.K.'s rags to riches journey as a single mother-turned-billionaire inspired you? Has her story motivated you to write, start your own business or try something you've only dreamed about before?
What life lessons has the Harry Potter series taught you? Did reading about the death of Harry's parents helped you cope with loss in your own life? Have the books helped you escape from a difficult time in your own life? If you could ask J.K. Rowling a question, what would it be?
Read the full description and write in to the programme at this link on the Oprah website. There is currently no indication of when this episode will air.

Many thanks to our friends at MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hpdh_thumb

@nargles i got you no worries it looks cooler with a z

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 08, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

I know i can’t. My story ain’t a sob story. My family would say it’s turned me more crazy than anything lol.

Posted by got2lovme on September 08, 2010, 11:38 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I agree with TurquiseRose13 someone from the HPA would be a fantastic representative. I think they should do something about Esther earl, that would make a wonderful tribute and inspire many more people to continue her work.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 08, 2010, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

Awesome!!!! I want to go to it. I would love to go!!

Posted by Susmita singh on September 09, 2010, 02:13 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats awesome. Wonder when itll be aired

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 09, 2010, 02:25 AM report to moderator

I remember her having the same thing in 2000. It wasn’t until after I submitted I saw it was for Americans only. Damn!

Posted by Britt on September 09, 2010, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I’m not obsessed enough but I would love to see someone from Leaky be there :-)

Posted by devilskinn on September 09, 2010, 03:44 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I hope they have a good age range. My parents love the books, and they’re in their 80s. But we too live in the UK.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 09, 2010, 05:17 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Ew Oprah. She will find a way to make everything look cheesy XD Andrew should represent our fandom.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 09, 2010, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 09, 2010, 06:16 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

I think it is really AWESOME!! and I have been a fan since I bought the very first book, at Barnes and Noble and stood in line from 8pm until 12:01am to buy it!!! I have done this with every books since then, and I always go to the theator the night before the release and view the Movie at 12:01am for the first time. I own all of the books, and Movies, I am not a Spring chicken, and have enjoyed every single book, and think that JK Rowling is an AWESOME Author!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on September 09, 2010, 07:47 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

HOLY FLIP THIS IS AWESOME!! :DDD

Harry Potter fans are to spazy and epic for Oprah >.>

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 09, 2010, 07:52 AM report to moderator

Definitely obsessed…just not sure if I could put it into words…

Posted by Dawna on September 09, 2010, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I came to the books rather later than most. Some children I used to babysit for placed ’Philosopher’s Stone’ in my hands and said, ’You’ll like this, and when you’ve read that we’ll lend you the others.’ They were right! That took me up to Prisoner of Azkaban, and then I read the rest as they came out. The excitement reminded me of the first time I read the Lord of the Rings, a feeling I had not expected to experience again.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 09, 2010, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Andrew Slack, Melissa, Andrew Sims, and Matt from the whomping willows, NEED to be on the show. I feel like they have invested so much (not that others haven’t) into this fandom. it really has shaped their lives. Matt met his future wife, andrew started HPA which is changing lives as we speak and andrew and melissa have impacted probably a billion people with their podcasts and sites. this could really be epic.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on September 09, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator

"Crouch's fatherly affection stretched just far enough to give his son a trial, and by all accounts, it wasn't much more than an excuse for Crouch to show how much he hated the boy... then he sent him straight to Azkaban."