Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 71 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 09, 2010, 07:44 PM

There are now only 71 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here are quotes for today and yesterday!

"Arthur," Harry interrupted, "you know you're being tracked, don't you?"
"Is that a threat, Runcorn?" said Mr. Weasley loudly.
"No," said Harry. "It's a fact! They're watching your every move --"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Muggle-Born Registration Commission"

"We'll go somewhere more sheltered," she agreed, shivering as she pulled on a sweatshirt over her pajamas. "I kept thinking I could hear people moving outside. I even thought I saw somebody once or twice."
- Hermione Granger
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

lol! I had to read that first quote a couple times until I remembered what was going on. In the movies, I don’t like when characters transform using polyjuice potion and keep their original voice. Do the movie makers do that so that people don’t get confused?

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 09, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

2nd!!!!!! YAY! cannot WAIT 4 this movie 2 come out!!! i really wanna c it!!!!!!!!!!!!
youtube: mudbloodandproud1996

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on September 09, 2010, 08:22 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

That first quote, I was like wow Mr. Weasley isn’t all smiles and sunshine!

Posted by SlyBones on September 09, 2010, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

Yay! like 70 or 71 days left! Can’t wait!
By the way, I think Harry’s a little too experienced with polyjuice potion. (If you know what i mean) :D

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 09, 2010, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

the silver doe is my FAVORITE CHAPTER IN THE WHOLE SIRES!!!! and i think lots of people know why: ron. I nearly cried when he came back, and when i was having a real HP marathon (read deathly hallows out loud every night for 4 nights while we’re camping in Michigan) i got to read this chapter. here was this one girl in our group who hadn’t read it yet, and when i said “and there stood ron” and i had pput all of my eemotion into that word, “RON!” “ron…” she said “yes!” that was the greatest night of my life.

315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i am soooooooooooo happy ron came back!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by athena lupin on September 09, 2010, 09:27 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

THEY COULD HAVE HAD RON EARLIER IF THEY JUST SAID HIS NAME!!! >:(

Posted by Sohumdore on September 09, 2010, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Bella_deana_thumb

I’m both excited and apprehensive about the 7th and 8th movies. On the one hand I can’t wait to see how the books are presented in movie form. On the other, this is the end :( I had what I’m calling a cleansing cry after I finished reading the last book, and I know there will be so many more tears after the movies. I just hope the fandom stays after the movies.

Posted by johnNoefan83 on September 09, 2010, 10:42 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I’m so looking forward to the bit in the ministry, that bit in the book was so tense when they got caught and had to escape, then realising that Ron was badly hurt.
The last two films are going to be one hell of a rollercoaster!
<3 The Silver Doe <3 I’m still so torn over my opinion of Snape, he was so vile and evil to everyone, and yet he pledged to look out for Harry because he loved Lily so much. I know we won’t be seeing it for another year but i hope Snapes death is the same as the book, i cried while reading that bit and i never cry for characters i don’t like. (sorry went slightly off topic there :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 09, 2010, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

wish she would have known it was ron

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 10, 2010, 12:35 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

The 1st quote yes it was close, so close that i was afraid just because of Yaxely and Umbridge.
Oh! I really wished Mr. Weasely to recognise Harry. But it didn’t happen.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 10, 2010, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

Oh, the 2nd one, yes its my favourite too because nothing bad happened in this chapter. And i liked the introduction of the doe very much.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 10, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

Posted by Susmita singh on September 10, 2010, 12:46 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see if Hermione smacks Ron around like she does in the book…such a departure from her normal, well-composed self!

Posted by slayerbaby76 on September 10, 2010, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Normal_books_chapterart_dh_027_thumb

I liked the breaking into the ministry best

Ron was really confused LOL

Posted by Manveer on September 10, 2010, 02:58 AM report to moderator

"Never known kids like you three fer knowin' more'n yeh oughta," he muttered, splashing boiling water into three of his bucket-shaped mugs. "An' I'm not complimentin' yeh, neither. Nosy, some'd call it. Interferin'."[br]But his beard twitched.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014