Fun Friday: Harry Potter or a Beatle?

Humor
Posted by: Edward
January 14, 2011, 08:05 PM

We all know the Harry Potter series is loved by all ages, but, sometimes, the generations still may tend to be gravitate towards what we recognize from our own childhoods.  Example below:

funny pictures of cats with captions

This is the latest installment of Fun Fridays where we will highlight a new, cool, funny, or interesting thing created created by the Harry Potter fan community.  This could be anything from a funny spoof on YouTube, a particulary clever cartoon, or something awesome created by our community.  If you come across something that fits that description, email us at fun@leakynews.com and it may end up on a Fun Friday soon!

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Humor News

Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@Butterfly Boy, I saw it as McGonagall too, in fact I really couldn’t see it as anyone else, what with it being a cat!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on January 15, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

@Gene Lin: How on earth can you not know who John Lennon is?!?!!?!?!? dies of shock He was part of the band “The Beatles”! Surely you’ve heard of them. If you haven’t I might just die of shock again. Then I’ll be double dead. Which is quite an impressive feat.

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on January 15, 2011, 01:45 PM report to moderator

I’m over 60 and the first thing I thought of was Professor McGonagall. The Beatles were along time ago and Harry and friends are current and probably will be for generations to come.

Posted by hewy on January 15, 2011, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I did not see John Lennon, and I am well over 40! I did think Minerva McGonagall when I saw the kitty!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on January 15, 2011, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

OMG McGonagal POSED!!!! Cool! :D

Posted by readhp1008 on January 15, 2011, 07:27 PM report to moderator

I deff see it as McGonagall!! and a little bit of Harry Potter :)

Posted by harrypotter = life ! on January 15, 2011, 07:28 PM report to moderator

the cat looks a little feminine, so I saw McGonagall, then John Lennon, then Harry Potter because his glasses aren’t gold-rimmed.

Posted by andarocketship on January 15, 2011, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_owl_main_thumb

I also see dis kitty as Professor McGonagall :)

Posted by Owlet on January 15, 2011, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Cute kitty (love cats), but I highly disagree with the wording on the poster. Both my son (of course) and I see Harry Potter and he wanted me to post. I’m 45, and was only 14 when John Lennon died (and that means someone who is 40 was only 10). He is an icon – but the glasses are more relevant to Harry – perhaps it should say “over 50”. (and funny thing – in 1990, just around when Harry would have been 10 – I had glasses exactly like that!).

Posted by sueml on January 15, 2011, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

It does look a little bit like John Lennon.

Posted by budgie on January 15, 2011, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

So cute!

Posted by Jacket on January 15, 2011, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Audrey_side_lit_1_2_thumb

I’m pretty sure both John Lennon and Harry Potter are my personal heroes, and is it really coincidence that they are both British and wear the same glasses?

Posted by Audrey Sunshine {ROAR} on January 15, 2011, 11:57 PM report to moderator

Potterheads for literacy unite!
“Your” means “belonging to you”, “You’re” means “you are”. So the poster should read, “If you’re over 40..”. Come on people, we’re (not were) book fans – that means spelling and grammar should count for something.

Posted by pottershrink on January 16, 2011, 01:27 AM report to moderator

@ Gene Lin: YOU DON"T KNOW WHO JOHN LENNON IS???? Anyway i think that it’s Mcgonagall……

Posted by Sirius's Girl on January 16, 2011, 04:10 AM report to moderator

That’s so cute! This kitten is either McGonagall or Harry or John Lenon! Most likely is McGonagall

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on January 16, 2011, 09:01 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"[Percy's] not himself. His exam results came the day before you did; twelve O.W.L.s and he hardly gloated at all."