Do you go to any Harry Potter club meet-ups? - Leakypedia Page of the Day

Books
Posted by: John
January 25, 2011, 08:29 PM

I'm asking about Harry Potter clubs today because according to the Leakypedia, only 5 Harry Potter clubs seem to exist. But that can't be right, can it? How many clubs can we get into the Leakypedia in the next 24 hours? That's what I want to know.

75 MyLeaky Points for the contributors on this page today! And who knows, maybe you'll learn about a Potter club near you!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Epjpegutil31_thumb

Anybody in Sarnia interested?

Posted by Fresca ROAR on January 26, 2011, 12:54 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Anyone else in Girona, Catalunya, Spain for the next 5 months and fancy starting a club with me? English speakers preferrable

Posted by KiwiMcI on January 26, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator

Rowling House: Greater Phoenix Area

QUAPHLE – Quidditch Union of Arizona, Phoenix League East

If you are sad that there are no groups around you, start one! Pick one day a month to meet for coffee, invite your friends (surely one of them likes Harry Potter and coffee) and discuss your favorite chapters.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on January 26, 2011, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Rachchloe_thumb

After many failures in the Chicago Area, our group founder got one started called Mischief Managed! and it has been fantastic. A small group but we meet every week since October and it is so much fun! We are all over 21.

Posted by Rachezee on January 26, 2011, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Me_at_eyecon_thumb

Atlanta HP has existed since 2005, and we have meetups every month, hosted by different members. We have discussions, Potterized games (HP Family Feud, Jeopardy, Pictionary, etc.), and we also do other outings such as the local Corn Maze (which we turn into a Tri-Wizard Tournament), midnight releases, Dragon*Con and other conventions, and for the past two years we’ve marched in the Atlanta Gay Pride parade, complete with Gay Pride Dumbledore (and his rainbow wizard’s hat).

Posted by hmrpotter on January 26, 2011, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Maura_s_epic_abstract_inverted_art

I WISHHHH there were some close by hp fan clubs by me, where I live in Jersey, but there arent any I know of.

Posted by mistypaws5 on January 26, 2011, 04:54 PM report to moderator

sadly there are no Harry Potter clubs in Argentina, but it would be great to have one

Posted by valentinaavelluto on January 26, 2011, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Theres nothing Harry Potter related anywhere near me. :( It really really stinks :’(

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on January 26, 2011, 05:58 PM report to moderator
41469_741460511_8404_n_thumb

There is a group I belong to on ebay called "Harry Potter and his Army of Collectors

Posted by cjbg1980 on January 26, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Rachael_thumb

HPSoc London is run by the University of London Union (ULU) in London (UK). Its TOTALLY AWESOME and they do lots of things like arts and crafts, Quidditch (American rules), Wrock events, baking, pub crawls….pretty much anything the members want to do! Email them at uluhpsoc@yahoo.co.uk :)

Posted by raeraelefay on January 26, 2011, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

We have a group which started right here at Leaky. We are The Poll Castle Commentators and we meet over at the comments section of the Poll. We are about fifty people in number who have been chatting for six years now. We have meet ups, Two of our members toured the English countryside together. We have spawned several spin-off groups at Facebook, Yahoo and Chatzy. We have members from the US, UK, Canada and even NZ. I would post it at Leakipedia but alas I don’t know how. Maybe one of our administrators could help me out! Long live The Boy Who Lived!

Posted by Rhiannon on January 26, 2011, 07:20 PM report to moderator

How to go about creating one in my hometown… hmm…

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on January 26, 2011, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ve been a regular visitor on the poll comments page since it’s inception. It’s not a brag to say we invented social networking on this site. We have held games nights, house cup awards, movie nights, Yule Balls, and all sorts of well mannered frivolity for many, many years.

Posted by Won_Two on January 26, 2011, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Rachchloe_thumb

You can create one using Meetup.com. That was how ours started.

I posted my group but how do I get Leaky points for it? The sign up over on leakypedia is different than here…

Posted by Rachezee on January 26, 2011, 08:58 PM report to moderator

There is a spanish group named FelixFelicis. We have been meeting from time to time in Barcelona (Spain) and online at the forum of the group that we have kept alive for more than 5 years now; where we have friends from various Spanish speaking countries :)

Posted by Eroky on January 26, 2011, 10:33 PM report to moderator

"I want you in bed, now. All of you," she added, looking around at Fred, George, Ron, and Hermione.[br]"You can't boss us --" Fred began.[br]"Watch me," snarled Mrs. Weasley.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014