"When Harry Left Hogwarts" Documentary to be Attached to "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" DVD

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
October 16, 2011, 06:57 PM

A forty-eight minute documentary featuring footage from the filming of the "Deathly Hallows" movies will be in the special features of the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" blu-ray:

BAFTA award-winning filmmaker Morgan Matthews has been given unprecedented access to the creative decision making processes that have been kept as a closely guarded secret - until now. Hear the personal stories of the faces we know, and those we don't, as we come to the end of one of the most successful eras in cinema history.

You can see the trailer for this documentary here or below.

The blu-ray with this documentary will be sold exclusively at Target. "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on blu-ray and DVD on November 11th in the US.

Many thanks to Memoirs of a Fangirl for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Raven_avatar_thumb

I got a green-ray…

Posted by Won_Two on October 17, 2011, 12:53 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@Won_Two, LOL!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on October 17, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

Oh my word oh my word. I want to see this so badly it is unbelievable!!!!

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on October 17, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I would like to see this, but sadly they once again put this stuff only on blu-ray! ugh.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on October 17, 2011, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Oh man — I already pre-ordered the DVD. :(

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 17, 2011, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I SAW THIS ON YOUTUBE! Well i saw it on a Facebook page first but then I clicked on the link. it was actually quite cool and it made me sad that the franchise was over but in a sense it will never be over. J.K. Rowling may very well be the very next Shakespeare. But it does seem kind of unfair that the Americans get it before the Brits because the whole Harry Potter is British down to the last well character. BTW it already is on YouTube.

Posted by Acciobrooms on October 17, 2011, 09:07 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

this looks brilliant :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on October 17, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I now know where I’ll be getting my Blu-ray!!! I’ve gotten I think all my HP movies from Target, they have great exclusive extras all the time.

Posted by LunaLuver on October 17, 2011, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

I don’t own a blu-ray player, I’ll just stick to getting the regular DVD. Looks awesome though. I’m American and I do agree that the British should have the DVDs released to them first, it’s fair.

Posted by MoonlitFox on October 18, 2011, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I don’t understand why they are making a blu ray that’s exclusive to one store. I just think that’s weird – makes Target happy, I’m sure. We now have blu ray for the little TV in the kitchen but have yet to upgrade the one for the big TV. So I’ll buy the blu ray (even while I grumble about being manipulated by Warner Bros) and watch the extras on a small TV. Then I can watch the DVD on the big one. Sometimes I hate technology and I really hate it when the studios force people to buy things they might not really want.

Posted by Eeyore on October 18, 2011, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Oh, and yes, I agree that the Brits should either get it first or at least at the same time. Selling it in the US first is just not nice, Warner Bros.

Posted by Eeyore on October 18, 2011, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Sounds good, ready for the blu-ray!

Posted by purplehogwarts on October 18, 2011, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Why do so many people say it is “fair” to release to one country over the other. I say let everyone have it at the same time!

Posted by purplehogwarts on October 18, 2011, 07:39 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

i won’t be able to get this cause i don’t have blu-ray. I’m so unhappy. This looks great.

Posted by HarryLover on October 19, 2011, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Always_1_thumb

It looks really good. I get really angry about the studios and Blu-ray pushing their product down our throats. The quality of the last 3 movie DVDs, compared to earlier ones, is deplorable! I’m guessing the blu-ray is better? I wouldn’t know—I can’t afford one. And now this! Why do we allow companies to do do this to us!! I’m also tired of buying “combo packs”—and not being able to watch the special features! Shame on Blu-ray, and shame on Warner Bros!

Posted by LillianJames on October 20, 2011, 04:53 PM report to moderator

"Here," Moody muttered... "Read quickly and memorize."[br]Harry looked down at the piece of paper. The narrow handwriting was vaguely familiar. It said: [i]The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at number twelve, Grimmauld Place, Londo