Followup: December 29th Last Day WB will Ship Current Harrry Potter Film Titles

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Edward
October 26, 2011, 11:31 AM

In a followup to Leaky's September 20th news that Warner Bros. would cease shipment of all eight "Harry Potter" films on BluRay and DVD starting December 29th, Deadline.com has posted a snippet containing further information about the decision.  They report:

"[Warner Bros. will stop] shipping all Harry Potter theatrical film titles (including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ – Part 2, and Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection) as of December 29, 2011 (moratorium does not include digital – Electronic Sell-Through & VOD – or games).
This means that following the November 11th (December 2nd in the UK) release of these two new editions, fans of the series will have little over one month to purchase their copy of the eight film collection.  Fans, however, will still be able to purchase digital copies of the films through their preferred online medium.

Thanks to all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

269071_243257649019738_146705262008311_1068786_4799908_n_thumb

they’re nvr gonna sell the DVD’s again? Does this mean they wont be in stores anymore or anything?

Posted by sparkle9 on October 26, 2011, 11:24 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Screw you WB, you think you can just take that chance away from us? No way!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on October 27, 2011, 04:02 AM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

This is riddikulus. They are only doing this to increase holiday sales and then sell the special editions way over priced in a year after we’ve all bought the non-special editions. :P

Posted by Fire Berry on October 27, 2011, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Ju$t a bit of corporate greed! “a mark a yen a buck or a pound … that clinking clanking sound”

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 27, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

You guys should sign that peitition.

Posted by Acciobrooms on October 27, 2011, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Beach_thumb

According to MuggleNet’s podcast, there will be another new boxed set available for purchase next year. I have all of the movies on DVD or Blu Ray as I have bought each one as it is released. If you don’t have the movies, WB has them on sale for VERY affordable prices. It seems to me that they have given us all plenty of time to buy the movies & are going to give us another opportunity when they release the new boxed set again in 2012.

Posted by StephieLB on October 27, 2011, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Nargle_thumb

I do agree that WB is being a little stupid, but personley, I’m not worrying, as I own all of the movies that are already out, and have ordered the last one.

Posted by Blame The Nargles on October 27, 2011, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I’m not worried because I own the editions I like to watch and really can’t stomach the movies “directed” by Yates and so won’t pay money for them. I am not, however, selfish enough to say “Well, I already have the movies so they can do whatever they want.” Between financial and geographic concerns, there are many fans negatively affected by this decision and I am absolutely appalled. Corporations are all about profits, yes, but there is a way to do things and this is not it. I will never give WB any more of my money. If there is something I want that is put out by them, I will purchase it used on ebay or at a thrift store or flea market. I will give my money to another consumer. Not to this corporation who has taken things way too far.

Posted by DeliaDee on October 27, 2011, 03:07 PM report to moderator

I have a question does this include all of the Ultimate Editions that have been released so far?

Posted by JanePotter on October 27, 2011, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I wonder is this just a way to make DH 2 one of the fastest selling DVDs/Blu-Rays ever…

Not that it matters to me, I’d have bought it the day it comes out anyway.

Posted by HogwartsForever on October 27, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I agree with Valeria-Johanna. I hope that most of us will be able to get our copies in November. I wonder too if WB isn’t then planning to rerelease all the films in a gussied up box.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 27, 2011, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

wb why don’t you just kick us all in the face? we have been fans of hp for like 10 years and then all of a sudden we have less than a month to buy a dvd that will be out forever? just i thought that after all these years the fans meant something to you. how the hell would you have gotten all this money, how would you have gotten to actually MAKE a 8th film? tha FANS and this is how you repay us? god. this is just like the whole “shut down your website or your dead” thing. just let us at least have a year to buy it so that way everybody is happy or better yet, DONT TAKE THEM AWAY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for my rant there guys. if you actually read that and agree with me or want to make a coment, seriously just add me as friend and message me. hate wb now.

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on October 28, 2011, 03:10 AM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on October 28, 2011, 03:10 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

how dare they it is so annoyinng, do they even care about the millions of hp fans out there???

Posted by ForbiddenMarauder on October 28, 2011, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

p.s. i agree with Mudblood_and_proud

Posted by ForbiddenMarauder on October 28, 2011, 07:45 AM report to moderator

It was a sphinx. It had the body of an over-large lion: great clawed paws and a long yellowish tail ending in a brown tuft. Its head, however, was that of a woman. She turned her long, almond-shaped eyes upon Harry as he approached. He raised his wand, he