New York Times Profiles Emma Watson's New Role in "Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
October 06, 2011, 12:43 AM

The New York Times has published a new report featuring actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) from when they visited her on the set of her new film, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," over the summer.

Ms. Watson speaks about her new experiences on a film set worlds away from "Harry Potter," bonding with her new co-stars and influencing filmmakers in Hollywood to invest in "Perks."

“Oh my goodness, so many firsts,” she said, speaking in an excited rush during a break from filming. “I did the prom! We all get dressed up and we go in a limo, and get photographs. It’s been really fun for me to get to graduate. Eating in the school canteen; all these things that I’ve always sort of said to my American friends, ‘Oh, that looks amazing, that looks so fun, I’m jealous.’ And I get to do it for this movie.”

“That’s a different chapter of my life, which, kind of through doing this, feels like it’s closed,” she said [referring to Potter]. She pointed to a scene in “Perks” as symbolic of her new beginning: standing in the back of a pickup truck, she and her high school crew take a late-night joyride through the Fort Pitt Tunnel, the city lights shining on the other end.

“Summit didn’t want me to do the stunt, but I insisted,” she said, even though she was scared. “The car’s moving at 60 miles per hour, I had one little thing attaching me to the truck,” she recalled. She ended up going through seven or eight times, screaming her guts out. “Oh my God, it was so fun,” she said. “One of the best nights of my life, without a doubt.”

A new image still from the film of Ms. Watson as Sam along with co-star Logan Lerman (Charlie) accompanied the article. A release date for "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" has not yet been announced.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

love er

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on October 07, 2011, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Studying in America didn’t exactly leave her English unscathed!

Posted by Graymayne on October 07, 2011, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

It sounds great :D

Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

OMG I read about this movie a month ago and I asked mum if I could get the book! I can’t wait I love both Emma Watson and Logan Lerman (from Percy Jackson)! I know Emma will be amazing and it will be fun to see her in something other than Harry Potter although it willl be weird <3

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on October 07, 2011, 09:39 PM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

Oh my wizard God! I love that book so much! And Sam is an amazing character. I never imagined Sam being like Emma, but I know she’ll be amazing at it. <3
DFTBA

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on October 09, 2011, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

cant wait for this movei!just finished reading the book1 i wouldnt have read it if she wasn’t in it! ahh she is so good for her part of this movie! love her so much!

Posted by farewell_fred on October 09, 2011, 04:18 PM report to moderator

love her forever

Posted by Gringotts on October 11, 2011, 07:42 AM report to moderator

"So!" said Umbridge triumphantly... "So... you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?"[br]"Pretty amusing, yeah," said Fred, looking back up at her without the slightest sign of fear.