PotterCast 243: Pick on Pottermore

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
October 08, 2011, 10:22 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is back with a brand new episode of over an hour of Harry Potter news, discussion, and fun with hosts Melissa, John, and Frak!  In this episode, the Trio delve into the latest news, including the Quidditch World Cup, Dan Radcliffe and J.K. Rowling's interview on the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" DVD, our LeakyNews.com website, and, of course, Pottermore.  The rest of this episode features the first of what are to be many discussions on Pottermore.  The Trio talks about the look of the site, the beta testing process, getting sorted, what each of our hosts likes in on the site, and a whole lot more.  To listen, you can use iTunes or direct download -- you don't need to own an iPod to listen to PotterCast.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

YAY so happy to have Pottercast back!! =D

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on October 08, 2011, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

YEEESSS!!! You guys just made my week!!!!! :D :D :D

Posted by hermy007 on October 09, 2011, 12:08 AM report to moderator

Sooo the Leaky gathering at the Studios, can that happen? On opening day? =D I know tickets are going on sale sharpish so it might be a bit difficult to organise… I don’t know whether they’re expecting to sell out of opening day tickets on Monday when they do the Facebook pre-sale… But I’m trying for opening day & would love to have a fandom thing going on!

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on October 09, 2011, 12:13 AM report to moderator

Alsooo could you link to a picture of the ugly t-shirt? I want to see just how ugly it is =P

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on October 09, 2011, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

I think the delay of releasing the books on pottermore is because they want to focus on everyone getting in and having a good experience on the site. that was my impression, at least. I’m thinking it was potentially a response to claims that pottermore is only a big rouse to make more money off of ebooks.

also- eep, Frak, that person on twitter might have been me… D: It was a very stressful week- it was hard for y’all to wait two days, it was even harder for the rest of us to wait more than a week (for many people several weeks!) I wasn’t actually mad… I was… stressed. haha.

Posted by Rinny on October 09, 2011, 01:26 AM report to moderator
269071_243257649019738_146705262008311_1068786_4799908_n_thumb

Finally! This is so exciting!!!

Posted by sparkle9 on October 09, 2011, 01:45 AM report to moderator

POTTERCAST!!!! Oh my gosh I was so happy to see it downloading into my iTunes! It’s great to hear from you guys!

Posted by Huffletough on October 09, 2011, 01:54 AM report to moderator

Nice, but where’s the Leaky Mug podcast?

Posted by zoltan42 on October 09, 2011, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It HAS been a long time!

Posted by Won_Two on October 09, 2011, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Yay! I’ve been waiting!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on October 09, 2011, 03:13 AM report to moderator
All_was_well_by_shelbi_s-d3i2cdi_thumb

omg finally!!! just downloading it….can’t wait to hear your thoughts on pottermore!

Posted by elanor17 on October 09, 2011, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

YAY so happy to have Pottercast back at last it’s been so long!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 09, 2011, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Animated_hermione_yule_ball_thumb

Whoop!!! :DDDD

Posted by FutureJKR (Cassia Hart) *ROAR!!* on October 09, 2011, 07:00 AM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

Awesome! It’s been so long! :D

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on October 09, 2011, 08:08 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Good it has been ages since I listened to the last pottercast :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 09, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator

"Oy!" bellowed Ron, finally losing patience and sticking his head out of the window, "I am a prefect and if one more snowball hits this window -- OUCH!"[br]He withdrew his head sharply, his face covered in snow.[br]"It's Fred and George," he said bitterly

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014