Warner Bros. Hosts Harry Potter Luncheon in NYC with Dan Radcliffe, Alan Rickman Present

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 22, 2011, 10:00 AM

The Hollywood Reporter was present on Monday when Warner Bros. hosted a luncheon to celebrate the Harry Potter franchise at Club 21 in New York City. In attendance at the luncheon were Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, director David Yates and producer David Heyman.

Video of Yates and Heyman making remarks about the Harry Potter series during the luncheon can be seen below:

THR also spoke to Radcliffe prior to the luncheon where he talked about his feelings now that Potter is behind him and the adjustment to life in the public eye. Audio of the interview along with a full transcript is available here.

What are your feelings now that it has all wound down?
Daniel Radcliffe: Well, you know, I think my feelings are that the series is, kind of, its own commemoration -- I mean, to me at least. I won't be able to look at any of these films without remembering what they did for the British film industry at a time when it wasn't doing great -- it's now flourishing, but in the early half of the decade, you know, there was nothing happening, and films were closing, and Potter was the only, kind of, sure-thing happening in England. And, you know, my memories of it are incredibly nostalgic, and romantic, and, I think, how everybody views their teenage years, you know: with complete idealism, having forgotten that there was ever any, you know, hormonal rage or any of that kind of stuff. You know, I had a moment the other day of actually really missing it for the first time since, of going, "God, I miss those people!" But, yeah, I mean, it's been over a year now, and I've been having this amazing year here, so it's been a great first year away -- may they all be this good!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I like the guy behind Heyman who, (at around 2:00) can’t be bothered too much, and keeps eating his cheesecake and looking annoyed…. LOL … Thanks for sharing this. Fun to see anything that honors the franchise.

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on November 22, 2011, 10:19 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love what Dan said about celebrity. Love how screwed on that guy’s head is! Long may it last, hope his career keeps flourishing. Can someone please please tell me who that woman is sat behind David Yates. I really really recognise her and I know she’s got something to do with Potter. Is she someone’s wife or something? I know I’ve seen her before, maybe at a première? People please gimmie your thoughts, how do I know this woman?

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 22, 2011, 10:58 AM report to moderator

That’s so amazing! But I just wish they had a natural lunch instead of with paparazzis surrounding them. :/

Posted by . on November 22, 2011, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Cute stuff that, wish I had been there…

Posted by Won_Two on November 22, 2011, 02:14 PM report to moderator

The reason there was photographers and reporters is this event was made to try to promote the movie for the Oscars run. I hope the movie gets some nominations. It amaze me the artistic department hasn’t won at least 2 or 3…

Posted by ethanHP on November 23, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wish I had gone :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 23, 2011, 03:42 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I asked McGonagall how the champions are chosen but she wasn't telling," said George bitterly. "She just told me to shut up and get on with transfiguring my raccoon."