Issue 27 of Scribbulus Now Online

Scribbulus
Posted by: Rosi
February 01, 2011, 02:10 AM

The 27th issue of Scribbulus, Leaky's essay project, is now online. This issue includes four essays:

You can find the index for this issue as well as links to past issues at this link.

If you're interested in submitting an essay to Scribbulus, you can take a look at the essay submission guidelines here. Remember, the call dates for this year have been released and are as follows:

June 1, 2011 "Harry & Me"
Harry Potter is one of the most popular novel series in the world.  Readers of Harry Potter often reflect on how this series has affected their lives.  This is your chance to tell us your "Harry & Me" story.

Narrative writing can be fun and enjoyable, but remember to follow the guidelines here.  If you are new to writing, one of our Scribbulus editors will help you fine tune your essay.

• Publication date:  Approximately August 1, 2011
October 1, 2011 Open Call
Open calls allow for both academic and personal writing, so please feel free to write about any topic you choose.  If you are new to essay writing, one of our wonderful Scribbulus editors will help you fine tune your writing
  • Publication Date:  Approximately December 30, 2011

Find a Scribbulus FAQ at this link. Happy reading, happy writing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Scribbulus News

423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Wow, if our English teacher asks us to write a essay on Harry potter, he would probably go nuts seeing these articles. (out of impressiveness I mean)

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on February 01, 2011, 03:18 AM report to moderator

I printed the articles to read them on my way home in the train especially the Nazi-one – because I’m German and my grandfather nearly was taken to the KZ because he was against it. The mayer said the only reason my grandfather wasn’t taken to the KZ was because he had 4 daughters. Today there are only a few Nazis or people who hate foreigners/dark sĀ“kinned people in Germany compared to other countries.
But also “It’s our choices…” which I think has direct connection with the Nazi-theme seems very interesting. It’s a pitty my English is not so good that I can write that complex essays and I think it took the writers a lot of research. Is it possible to discuss about the essays?

Posted by ginnyshiel on February 01, 2011, 06:59 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

These are very nice essays. :) Great job everyone!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on February 01, 2011, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I always love the Scribbulous essays…very cool that you offer this, Leaky! Can’t wait to read the new selections :)

Posted by Lillylove on February 01, 2011, 08:12 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Do we have Daily Prophet? I know it’s suppose to be “daily” but still…

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on February 01, 2011, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

These essays are very well done! Congratulations to everyone who wrote them! I especially thought that The Influence of Nazi Germany was very good. I have also noticed references to the extermination of the Jews throughout the series and the comparisons of Voldemort to Hitler.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 01, 2011, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

Wow. People write really well.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on February 01, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Great essays!

Posted by potternotrotter on February 05, 2011, 12:28 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"And what are you two doing?"...[br]"We're walking," Ron told Snape shortly. "Not against the law, is it?"[br]"Keep walking, then!" Snape snarled, and he brushed past them, his long black cloak billowing out behind him.