"Order of the Phoenix," "Half-Blood Prince" Ultimate Editions Receive June 14, 2011 Release Date

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Stephanie_J
February 21, 2011, 07:16 AM

Home Media Magazine is reporting that the following two installments of the Harry Potter: Ultimate Edition DVDs will be released on June 14, 2011.

"Order of the Phoenix" and "Half-Blood Prince" are the next two films to receive the Ultimate Edition treatment just a month before the final film, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2," is released in cinemas.

Pre-orders are expected to begin on May 10. The two-disc Blu-ray set will have a retail price of $49.99 while the DVD versions will be $39.92.

Just like the previous Ultimate Edition releases:

Each ultimate edition has a new hour of the “Creating the World of Harry Potter” documentary series, which will total to eight hours when completed. Additionally the sets include a digital copy of the film, more than four hours of special features and such collectibles as a 44-page photo book, limited edition character cards and a lenticular card.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Green_sea_turtle_thumb

The Ultimate Editions are very good.
molly43, I would think there’ll be an Ultimate Edition for each of the Deathly Hallows films.

Posted by Butterfly Boy on February 21, 2011, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

And while movies 5 and 6 are announced in the US, we’re still waiting for the release of movies 3 and 4, here in France… Come on Warner Bros, move your *ss and think about Europe a little !!

Posted by Noz on February 21, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator

As ever – we are treated with distain. No extended cuts !!!!!!!
Compare the way we are treated to the LOTR care, respect and love for its core fans. We obviously do not deserve fully intergrated extended cuts.

Posted by Beazle on February 21, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator

Think i will wait and hope the complete box set includes the extended editions. Was not happy with year 3 and 4 came out and did not have the extended versions like year 1 and 2 did.

Posted by Anderja on February 21, 2011, 04:09 PM report to moderator

Think i will wait and hope the complete box set includes the extended editions. Was not happy when year 3 and 4 came out and did not have the extended versions like year 1 and 2 did.

Posted by Anderja on February 21, 2011, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Eye2_thumb

mhh I have a question: is it true, that the 3th and 4th editions didnt have the deleted scenes put into movie 3+4 like it had been with the first two Editions?
thats what I enjoyed about the first two ultimate editions the most (and why I havent bought the 3+4 yet)
read that somewhere :/ its kinda sad if its true
I would loove to see the Snape+Karkaroff chat and the Trelawney eating desaster
aaand the In Noctem Scene from HBP <3
mhh guess they will have the SuperMerlinLike-Edition with all 8 movies and all uncut etc out anyway.. Maybe I should wait till then
ahhh my impatience is killin me^^

Posted by Germines on February 21, 2011, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

haha how convenient, that’s the day before my birthday =D

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on February 21, 2011, 04:17 PM report to moderator

No Extended Cuts AGAIN?! But David Yates SAID he shot like and extra hour of footage for Order of the Phoenix! Including McGonagall getting cursed! So WHY is there no Extended? This is ridiculous.

Posted by pottermate on February 21, 2011, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Awesome! I wish I could get them… better get to work x)

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on February 21, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

perfect i cant wait!!!!

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on February 21, 2011, 06:15 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Awesome, though why is Deathly Hallows still not out yet?

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on February 21, 2011, 08:14 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Actually, unless they will be extended versions, or include more deleted/unused scenes, I will pass. Already have the first two-disk release, and as much as I might enjoy the “creating the world” bits, its not worth $39 for one hour of an extra to me to essentially get what I already have.
I was so disappointed GoF “ultimate” didn’t include an extended version that I returned it to amazon.

Posted by budb on February 21, 2011, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Gene Lin, DH 1 comes out in April here in US. And rettophantom is right, Yates has said there was a lot of unused footage from OotP.

Posted by budb on February 21, 2011, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Unicorn_thumb

I loved the first two ultimate editions but…. 3 and 4 are not the same, they do not have the book, collector cards or extended versions of the movies, the reason I wanted them in the first place…Extremely disappointed indeed… so I didn’t buy 3 and 4 but will definitely buy 5 and 6 as it looks as though they are the same as 1 and 2… Yay.

Posted by Green on February 21, 2011, 10:24 PM report to moderator

why arent these coming out in australia? i have 1 and 2 but cant get 3 and 4. whats going on?

Posted by cattyrae on February 22, 2011, 12:12 AM report to moderator

"Training for the ballet, Potter?" yelled Malfoy as Harry was forced to do a stupid kind of twirl in midair to dodge the Bludger...