"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and Potter Actresses Nominated at Saturn and Empire Awards

Film Awards
Posted by: Stephanie_J
February 25, 2011, 01:51 PM

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" has been nominated for five Saturn Awards by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films.

The film has been nominated in the following categories:
Best Fantasy Film
Best Director
Best Costume
Best Make-Up
Best Special Effects

The winners will be announced at a ceremony in June in Burbank, California.

Additionally, actress Emma Watson has received a Best Actress nomination for her role as Hermione Granger at the Empire Awards. Bellatrix Lestrange actress Helena Bonham Carter has also been nominated in the same category for her portrayal of the Queen Mother in "The King's Speech."

"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" is also nominated under the Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy category. Fans can place their vote via Empire's site here. The Empire Awards will be given out on March 27 in London.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

Avatar_thumb

Always good to see these talented folks receive recognition for their hard work!

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on February 25, 2011, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

As much as I’d like to see Emma Watson win an award, in this case I had to vote for Noomi Rapace. I am so sorry, Emma, but Noomi should have won the BAFTA award – her Lisbeth Salander is outstanding. She should have been Oscar – nominated.

Posted by siena on February 25, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Ohh, Emma, Helena, Emma, Helena………. no idea who I’d rather see win that award! They’re both so amazing!

3rd!

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on February 25, 2011, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Kyron_trucks_-_copy_thumb

Maybe it’s just me, but I am having a hard time figuring out how “The Kings Speech” is either sci-fi, fantasy or horror….???

Posted by agentzac on February 25, 2011, 03:04 PM report to moderator

cool=]=O

Posted by Winkyxx on February 25, 2011, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yay! Congratulations to everyone!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 25, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

May the best person win. They did better in the making of the DH1. I think they are worthy of the nominations this time.

Posted by molly43 on February 25, 2011, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awesome. Well deserved. And Emma best actress Yayyyyyyyyy!

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on February 25, 2011, 06:56 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

I voteddd DH1 allll the wayy:)

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on February 25, 2011, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

Well-deserved ! Will the movies finally get some recognition, or do we have to wait until the final one is out?
Btw, I’m in a ‘battle’ with myself about if I’m going to buy the DVD. 1-disk edition is not an option, but no doubt there will be better editions when DH2 will be out on DVD. Sets and everything. Still, I’m sorely tempted to buy a very cheap 2-disk edition. And then I saw a 1-disk DVD which included a Dobby bookend. Not very pretty (but then Dobby just isn’t, is he?) but still a nice collectors’ item. No, I really shouldn’t do this… Yeah, I know, crazy-fan-rambling. Sorry about that.

Posted by Tarana on February 25, 2011, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Collectables are one of the fun things of this series. I really liked the Maurader’s Map that came with one DVD.

Posted by budgie on February 25, 2011, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

AWESOME!!! Well deserved indeed!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on February 25, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

I hope you all voted! I did, everything i could i voted HP!

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on February 26, 2011, 05:22 AM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

I got loads of sutff from HP, im probably gonna get the new ultimate edition of HP5 & 6 or wait and get them all on ultimate edition and sell my others, the new editions sound really cool, books and posters and special features and stuff!

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on February 26, 2011, 05:25 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Go Emma!!!!:) :) :) :)
If ur a Harry potter fan then you should vote everything Harry potter of course!!!!!!!!!!ยก :D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on February 26, 2011, 05:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Yeah, you've caused too much trouble, mate. Well, at least one of you's got their priorities right."[br]He strode over to Harry and clapped him on the back while giving Ron a scathing look.[br][i]"Prefect...[/i] ickle Ronnie the prefect..."