Read Twilight with Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
February 08, 2011, 08:29 PM

For the month of February Jo's Book Nook, our non-Harry Potter book club, is reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Take part in the discussion at this link.

As for the Harry Potter Book Club, the present reading of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will stay open for February and a new one will start in March. Check it out at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Twilight??? On a HP site? I’m surprised!

FIRST!

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on February 08, 2011, 08:40 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22029 Points

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! O.O The only way I’ll read Twilight is Dan Bergstein’s Blog!

Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Compared to Harry Potter it is an absolute literary flop! The characters are flat and static and the literary devices, such as foreshadowing and irony, are all but non existent. The largest, and only, appeal to this book is forbidden romance and a few moral values.

Posted by readhp1008 on February 08, 2011, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_promotional_part1posters_02_thumb

And the only way I’ll ever read Twilight again is through the Mark Reads Twilight blog.

Posted by Cynkro on February 08, 2011, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

Don’t expect me to read that. I tried a few years ago. It was torture.

Posted by Tanderule on February 08, 2011, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Normal_09012004_thumb

haha yessss @cynkro!! he’s hilarious, i love him!

Posted by sarahkaz on February 08, 2011, 09:29 PM report to moderator

Not if you paid me.

Posted by ldeb on February 08, 2011, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_promotional_part1posters_02_thumb

@sarahkaz, IKR? I love his reviews.

Posted by Cynkro on February 08, 2011, 10:19 PM report to moderator

Looks like nobody wants to read it. Maybe they’re trying to get people who haven’t read it to see what the “competition” is like. I haven’t read it and, from what I’ve heard, I have no intention of doing so.

Posted by SybilT on February 08, 2011, 10:24 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

This is an interesting choice. As I don’t see any serious competition I think it’s a good idea. We can try to better understand why te fans of twilight love it as we do with Harry Potter. Congrats on fling a daring move and I hope it works out for you. :)

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on February 08, 2011, 10:31 PM report to moderator

This discussion might get interesting. I may even be tempted to sin up.

Posted by KiwiBrian on February 09, 2011, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

An interesting choice, I might just pop in the group to see what everyone is writing :D

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on February 09, 2011, 02:51 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

This is my chance to plug the “Mark Reads” blog!!!!

Everything you need to know about the not-so-hidden racism, sexism, incest, child molestation, and abuse of the word “dazzle” in Twilight can be found at the fantastically funny Mark Reads Twilight Blog (he hates those books):

Mark went on to read the entire Harry Potter series after reading the Twilight series, and it made him believe in love again. He adores the HP series!!!

He also continues reviewing books like the Hunger Games series and Infinite Jest at his new site:

Posted by Bless_the_children on February 09, 2011, 03:01 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I have read it! it cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on February 09, 2011, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

I think this is interesting, especially after Mellisa’s latest fromspring answer (http://www.formspring.me/melissaanelli/q/158968732696211750), it’s great that the Twilight series comes into the book nook, because there are many people who really like them… Like Melissa said:
“Love what you love, guys. Don’t let ANYONE tell you what you love is wrong or doesn’t have value.”
PS: Melissa, you’re awesome! :)

Posted by lollifant on February 09, 2011, 05:36 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Wands away and quills out, please."[br]Many of the class exchanged gloomy looks; the order "wands away" had never yet been followed by a lesson they had found interesting.