Daniel Radcliffe CBS Interview: "This is a Really Exciting Year for Me"

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 13, 2011, 02:49 PM

It felt as though there wasn't a single topic left out when news anchor Katie Couric interviewed Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) recently for CBS News. The two talked about Radcliffe's latest role in the Broadway musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," as well as his upcoming film "The Woman in Black" and the final "Harry Potter." Other topics of conversation included his relationship with J.K. Rowling, his involvement with The Trevor Project, and his love of reading.

Watch the extended, 45 minute long interview here.

Radcliffe will be making several television appearances in the next couple of days beginning with NBC's Today Show on Tuesday, March 15th. He is expected to perform a number from "How to Succeed..." during the program which airs between 7 and 11 a.m. Additionally, Radcliffe will be on Live! with Regis and Kelly on Thursday, March 17th.

"How to Succeed..." is now playing. More information can be found on the production's official website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Good interview…the longer version is even more informative….would be so nice to see him dance in person.

Posted by Jeannine on March 13, 2011, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Dan is a good actor, and talented in many ways. If I could, I would go to NY right now to see the show.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 13, 2011, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I wish I could see “How to….”. But I can’t wait for when he does a number on tv!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 13, 2011, 04:25 PM report to moderator

go dan! <3

Posted by Winkyxx on March 13, 2011, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I wondered if Katie understood what Dan meant when he said some people could “express themselves epigrammatically, brilliantly!” That’s far too multisyllabic a word for American audiences… and broadcasters…. LOL. (I am American, don’t get on me.) It was a great interview —w hat a fine man Dan is turning out to be!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on March 13, 2011, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Dan is just plain awesome. He is a wonderful actor and has the most charming personality. Let’s hope he will do better in the future with many of these roles.

weasleywannabe1997, she wrote one tweet saying she looked it up in the dictionary (me too! :) ).
There is a longer version here:
Very good!

Posted by ethanHP on March 13, 2011, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Harryscreaming_thumb

I really wish I could go see “How the Succeed…” :( Can’t wait to see him perform on TV. Good luck, Dan!

Posted by AnnaGrace on March 13, 2011, 06:59 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

… I think I’ve fallen in love with him a little bit. I’d love to have a pint with Daniel. I just love his interviews and this was a particularly good one. Thank you Katie Couric

Posted by KiwiMcI on March 13, 2011, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuffpottermore_thumb

I can’t wait to go! My husband got us tickets for my birthday! I’m going March 30th!

Posted by Sorceress25 on March 14, 2011, 12:01 AM report to moderator
0709091327_m_061608_em4_thumb

I am so proud of Dan. He is just wonderful, and I, too, wish that I could see him in How to Succeed. I am 60 and have seen him grow and mature and I see how he is very brave to try many things. He is quite exceptional, and I think, one day, he will win an Oscar. Love Daniel a lot.

Posted by CCB5Potterfan34 on March 14, 2011, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

omg I just realized I’m going to New York for spring break to visit my grandparents! I have to ask them if we can go and see the show!!

Posted by Katie_Lily on March 14, 2011, 01:45 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Whooo, way to go Daniel. I think he’s on a great track with his career, even though he had a gigantic gig (Harry Potter) he didn’t rest and just slip into the shadows and become history. He’s actually doing something! And it’s great to see him hired ‘cause some people would never hire actors who are linked to a specific role too much. I can see how he’s trying to wash off the Harry Potter theme with doing things like Equs (from what I’ve seen a little bit disturbing, but meaningful and a though role to play), no this (wished I could see it!!!) GOOD JOB DANIEL!

Posted by Miss Weasley on March 14, 2011, 12:25 PM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

He’s AMAZING!!!! He’s so smart:he’s GREAT!!!The passage about Twitter’s so interesting,i totally agree with him.Go Dan,Go!!!!!!

Posted by CDR on March 14, 2011, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

When I scored his autograph after the play with my 12 year old son he was joking around about the Slytherin wool hat my son was wearing and said he forgives him for it…he personalized his playbill and was really kind…I let him know he is an excellent role model….Dan is an incredibly nice and genuine person. And thanks Leaky for the updates! Great Job!!

Posted by crikeyhunter on March 14, 2011, 01:16 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

The right-hand window was covered with a gigantic poster, purple like those of the Ministry, but emblazoned with flashing yellow letters: [i]WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO? YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO -- THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'