WB Releases First Sizzle Spot Promo for "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" BluRay DVD Set

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 24, 2011, 01:02 PM

In the lead up to the April 15 DVD/BluRay release of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film, WB has sent over this promotional clip.  Detailing what viewers can find in the special BluRay Comobo Pack, this sizzle spot features behind the scenes clips, looks at some of the special features, and some of the most thrilling moments from the film.  To view this promotional clip, click here, or watch below.  Enjoy

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Lily___james_potter_thumb

First to comment :D
I really REALLY can’t wait to get it!!! I keep saying this and I’ll say it again…I’M SO EXCITED!

Posted by Miss Weasley on March 24, 2011, 01:11 PM report to moderator
76234_1490362014606_1100640100_31136626_1593032_n_thumb

saw it on harrypotterthequest

Posted by oOo Vetty oOo [ROAR] iL0VESEAMUS on March 24, 2011, 01:15 PM report to moderator
76234_1490362014606_1100640100_31136626_1593032_n_thumb

saw it on harrypotterthequest

Fred_and_george_thumb

:) awesome.!. I can’t wait too watch it!! :D

Posted by MyNameIsFredWeasley on March 24, 2011, 01:23 PM report to moderator

Aunt Petunia speaking about Lily in Deathly Hallows Part 1 deleted scene. This should have been kept. It’s great. http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/03/24/see-harry-bid-farewell-to-privet-drive-in-an-exclusive-deleted-scene-from-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-1/

Posted by johnmtoner on March 24, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

greattt! cant wait to see it

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on March 24, 2011, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

So awesome! I can’t wait to watch it – all of it!

Posted by Agrippa1 on March 24, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator

Ahh I can’t wait to get it ! :) Can’t wait till part 2 comes out!

Posted by DancewithaGinger on March 24, 2011, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Does that mean only the Blu-Ray version will have the preview? I hope not, I so hate being punished for not having the latest and greatest. :( But it looks awesome, and @john_toner, that clip was AMAZING! So should have been kept in the film, why, oh, why do they cut such important pieces? It only added a few seconds, but was so poignant.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on March 24, 2011, 03:39 PM report to moderator

@Headmistress LemonFaerie – I know. I would have been quite happy to lose Hermione trying to teach Ron the piano for this scene to have been kept. They should have cut it in with Hermione and her parents. It would have made the opening montage incredibly more powerful!

Posted by johnmtoner on March 24, 2011, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I haven’t got Blu-Ray either, but I was able to order the combo set (including a DVD version) on Amazon for about the same price as the simple DVD elsewhere. And I think (perhaps someone will be able to confirm this or not) that you can watch Blu-Ray discs on a normal DVD player, though without the high definition etc.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 24, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator

@Valeria-Johanna No, that’s not true. Normal DVD players absolutely CANNOT play Blu-Rays in any way.

Posted by johnmtoner on March 24, 2011, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Oh well, I’ll have the Blu-Ray version ready for if we upgrade (or visit someone with a Blu-Ray TV).

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 24, 2011, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Dang it. I was hoping the same thing, @john_toner. sigh And I totally agree with you about that scene. Though, actually, I still don’t see why they cut it at all, even without trading it for anything else. It’s under a minute. Would it really have killed them to leave it in? It would have added SO much to the opening and also helped tie up that relationship better than the brief shot of Petunia sitting in the car. I really wanted some sort of goodbye with the Dursleys. I really wanted Dudley’s handshake, actually, but I would have been very happy with this. At least we have it on the DVD!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on March 24, 2011, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Omigosh! It looks AMAZING! I would love to see those special features!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 24, 2011, 05:30 PM report to moderator

"So," said Malfoy slowly, advancing slightly into the compartment and looking slowly around at them, a smirk quivering on his lips. "You caught some pathetic reporter, and Potter's Dumbledore's favorite boy again. Big deal."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014