Fun Friday: Some Library Reading Material

Humor
Posted by: Edward
March 04, 2011, 06:35 PM

One creative college student solved the problem of what to do if Moaning Myrtle leaves your favorite lavatory reading material soggy.  PostSecret featured this image of the entire first chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone written on a bathroom wall.

A picture of a bathroom stall where someone has written the e... on Twitpic

This is the latest installment of Fun Fridays where we will highlight a new, cool, funny, or interesting thing created created by the Harry Potter fan community.  This could be anything from a funny spoof on YouTube, a particulary clever cartoon, or something awesome created by our community.  If you come across something that fits that description, email us at fun@leakynews.com and it may end up on a Fun Friday soon!

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Humor News

Img_0020_thumb

That is an awesome idea! If only I still was at Uni with hours to kill between classes – I’d put my favourite chapters in all the toilets!

Posted by ladydars on March 06, 2011, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

It was painted over though :(

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on March 07, 2011, 12:12 AM report to moderator
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

Great idea guys :)

Posted by Ariana Devins on March 07, 2011, 09:25 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

That’s great:)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on March 07, 2011, 12:02 PM report to moderator

That is awesome!:P It was painted over?:( Sad.

Posted by americangirlemmie on March 07, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Awesome idea. Too bad it was painted over!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 07, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Haha! I’ve seen this online before! Someone sure was in the washroom for a while…

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 07, 2011, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Th_hogwarts_thumb

I asked my parents if I could do this to my bathroom walls and they said no. :(

Posted by half-bloodprince on March 07, 2011, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

hehe, I agree with the half-bloodprince… I want it on my bathroom wall too!
This is just so hardcore ^^

Posted by Miss Weasley on March 07, 2011, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Very appropriate for Harry Potter. When I was young I used to get annoyed with books where no one ever seemed to go to the toilet. Where, I would wonder, do the children GO when they are in the secret hideaway behind the waterfall? And when the girls go, do the boys just have to look the other way? If JKR had been around in my childhood, I would never have had to worry about things like that. In her work, toilets and bathrooms are provided in abundance.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 08, 2011, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Pink_rose_thumb

It’s fantastic! But where’s the rest of it lol

Posted by suzyking on March 08, 2011, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@V-J, you need to read Diana Wynne Jones’s hilarious send-up of the epic fantasy genre, ‘The Tough Guide to Fantasyland,’ which is written in the form of a travel guidebook. The fact that no one seems to have excretory functions in fantasy novels is but one of hundreds of tropes and cliches that she skewers. Highly recommended!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on March 08, 2011, 12:29 PM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

This is what i’m gonna do next time i have some time to kill, good idea!

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on March 08, 2011, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Maura_s_epic_abstract_inverted_art

Haha that is great. :) Whoever did this is a hardcore hp fan, who really must’ve gotten borred.

Posted by mistypaws5 on March 09, 2011, 04:40 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

OMG AMAZING!!!

Posted by potternotrotter on March 12, 2011, 05:48 AM report to moderator

She reached up and tapped the hat with her wand. It opened its mouth wide and gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone in the vicinity jump.[br]"It's good, isn't it?" said Luna happily. "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Sl

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014