Scans from EW's "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Preview Online

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
April 14, 2011, 11:08 PM

Leaky obtained an early copy of the upcoming issue of Entertainment Weekly, which we previewed earlier today, and now has full scans of the photos and articles here in our Image Galleries.  In the photo spread, we see new shots of Harry in the Lestrange vaultHarry, Hermione, and Ron; and Neville holding the sword of Gryffindor.

The accompanying article contains many slightly spoiler-rific tidbits from the final installment of the films, so do use caution for movie-related spoilers.  EW also speaks to the Harry Potter cast and crew about their feelings ultimately wrapping up the series, and delves into the filmmaker's ideas around setting the sprawling battle sequences on the big screen.  The preview can be read in its entirety here in our galleries.

This issue of EW will be on newsstands tomorrow.

Many thanks to Andrew.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpdh_capture_thumb

Cool! First Comment. It’s great to see more pictures of DH2. I wonder what the film will be like in it’s entirety? Tomorrow DH1 comes out!

Posted by sirius33 on April 15, 2011, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Snape_icon3_thumb

Second comment. :P It looks like it’s turning out really great! I’m not as worried that the Prince’s Tale will turn out bad because of the reviews however I’m a little worried about Snape’s death scene. I don’t know if I approve of the location change. Ah well it’s good to see that the actors are moving onto new projects after DH.

Posted by Seviately ^HISS^ on April 15, 2011, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

who-cares-what-number comment. i think that we all have to accept that this film is not going to payoff in every way we want. they have always made mistakes, and the final film will be no exception. snape’s death scene location change does irritate me. i think one of the great things about these books is that there are so many things that appear in one installment and then come back. i remember when the pensieve came back into play, and how cool that was in the book and then in the movie, they changed the look of it from movie to movie and it wasn’t the same. i love these films because they’re goofy though. some of the changes are so funny and its all part of how these films are going to go down in cinematic history. embrace it!

Posted by abandonedboyjon on April 15, 2011, 01:14 AM report to moderator
Movieinfo2011-com--harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2---photo-2_thumb

I agree with you, Abandonedboyjon. I honestly know that the movie cannot live up to my expectations, but I am still really excited. I hated the change in Snape’s death until I read what the alternative was, and I found it to be more refreshing and well put together than the book. I think we can all agree that there will be that one or two things that will stick out to us, because we wonder why JK Rowling hadn’t added it before ( Mudblood on Hermione’s arm) I think we can all agree that was great! I really think they are going to give it all they have, but will it be enough? That’s the question.

Posted by BeccaWeasley on April 15, 2011, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

The new picture of Neville is awesome! And I for one think that some of the changes will turn out really good. For once they have taken the time to care about how much the details from the book matter. Like The Prince’s Tale and The Forest Again, those parts sound spot on with the book and THAT WB is what we like to see.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 15, 2011, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

i just can’t wait for the summer to watch it!!! i love the books and the films but love the books the most i would say.

Posted by mariakingsford on April 15, 2011, 04:05 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It’s great to see more pictures

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 15, 2011, 04:56 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

I read the article and believe it or not it just made me more excited and (SPOILER!) I think its a wise choice to make Snape die in a glass house rather than the shrieking shack, because it’ll be easier for the non-book-fans to understand what’s happening! :)

Posted by Miss Weasley on April 15, 2011, 05:32 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

Great!!! Thanks!!

Posted by CDR on April 15, 2011, 05:56 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Its gonna be sad when it’s all over:‘( it’ll be a major crying fest in the cinema :’(

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on April 15, 2011, 06:18 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

“An emotional rickman acknowledges the ovations from cast and crew and then quietly exits without comment.” O come on, Mr Rickman, break your silence – it’s over now !! Really, everybody else talks delightfully about their parts without giving to much aaway – even Fiennes talks Voldy – so why do you have to be so elusive, Mr Rickman ??? Remember, you are not Snape, you are just playing him … :)

Posted by siena on April 15, 2011, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

I am sorry about the typing errors in my previous post … must be my nerves … Alan not talking is driving me insane …

Posted by siena on April 15, 2011, 07:12 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

This article along with the pictures helps to create a decent idea as to what this film will look and feel like.

Posted by Rosie016 on April 15, 2011, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

This is an awesome article! It definitely brought up excellent points and made me anxious for part 2!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 15, 2011, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Awesome! I didn’t read the articles, I just looked at the pictures (I’m trying to remain free of any DH2 content that isn’t pics and videos). The Neville picture is A-MAAAAAAZING! So heroic and awesome. I’m kinda wondering why Bellatrix and Voldy look so freaked in the other picture on the same page…. maybe ’cause Neville just killed Nagini….. ;D

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on April 15, 2011, 02:52 PM report to moderator