Spoiler Alert: Detailed Description of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Footage Shown at CinemaCon

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
April 02, 2011, 12:12 AM

Entertainment Weekly's Inside Movies blog has an incredibly spoilery and detailed description of what was shown in the Warner Bros. presentation this week at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, which you can find (with lots of warning) below. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on the 15th of July later this year.

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY

From the description, the footage shown sounds like it was a collection of various key scenes from the second part of the film, opening with Voldemort whispering, "Harry... bring him to me." Ollivander tells the trio, “He’s after you Mr. Potter. You really don’t stand a chance” to which Harry responds, “I suppose I’ll have to kill him before he finds me, then.”

Slightly more lighthearted scenes are also described:

There was footage of a battle with the white dragon, and Hermione cries, “We can’t just stand here. Who’s got an idea?”
“Don’t ask us,” Ron squeaks. “You’re the brilliant one!”
“I’ve got something, but it’s mad,” she says, and before she can explain it she dives through a stone archway onto the back of the beast.
The blog mentions a scene set in the hills outside of Hogwarts:
“We need to get into Hogwarts tonight,” Harry says, but Hermione thinks he’s being rash.
“We can’t do that. We have to plan. We’ve got to figure it out,” she says.
But Ron decides they should just charge in, fearless. “Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!”
The presentation also showed scenes from right at the end of the film:
The camera scans over a hallway full of bodies, not lying peacefully, but scattered and broken with blood smearing the floor. Voldemort’s voice says: “You have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. Join me in The Forbidden Forest and confront your fate.”
Additionally, the audience was shown scenes of Harry and the Resurrection Stone:
In the forest, Harry finds the images of those Voldemort meant, the people who have given their lives for him: His mother, father, godfather Sirius Black…
“Why are you here, all of you?” he demands.
“We never left,” his mother whispers.
“You’ll stay with me?” Harry’s voice is high and fearful, while the ghosts are soothing and calm.
“Always,” his mother says.
“Until the end,” adds his father, which is as ominous as it is reassuring.
The scene from the teaser trailer with Harry and Voldemort was also included, followed by the scene from the Kings' Cross chapter, a "white void" where Dumbledore says to him, “You brave, brave man…You are the true master of death, Harry.”

Lastly:
In the next scene, he is facing Alan Rickman’s Severus Snape in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, challenging him as thousands of students look on. “How dare you stand where he stood!” Potter screams. “Tell them how it happened that night. How you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and KILLED him!” Anyone who knows the story can read layers of reaction on Snape’s face.

More battle unfolds, as the two armies clash over the battleground of the school. “Let’s finish this the way we started,” Potter tells Voldemort, grabbing him as they both tumble over a cliff as Potter’s voice echoes: “… together… “

But the truly heartbreaking line comes just before the end, as Potter says, “I never wanted any of you to die for me.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ed-in-chief_thumb

WOW! July is just too far away!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on April 02, 2011, 12:30 AM report to moderator

Ohhhh must go on a media black out and there are still more than three months! Today I saw the scene with Harry and Voldemort discussing the Deathly Hallows before WB pulled the video from YouTube. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 02, 2011, 12:36 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I read it earlier. One change I read I kind of think makes it a little more interesting. Another change (unless the writer forgot something) I don’t like

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on April 02, 2011, 12:42 AM report to moderator

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the movie in about 2 1/2 months time.

Posted by KiwiBrian on April 02, 2011, 03:02 AM report to moderator
Img00138_thumb

I sooo cannot wait til July!!!!!

Posted by darradiggory on April 02, 2011, 03:06 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l7kpzso0nm1qczcnxo1_400_thumb

Soooo awesome! :)

Posted by Pigwidgeon on April 02, 2011, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

I think I will have permanent teeth marks in my knuckle from trying not to scream out loud. It is 4 AM here.

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on April 02, 2011, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Omg this movie is going to be amazing!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 02, 2011, 04:43 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I can’t wait for July, I just can’t wait to see how the final scenes are portrayed but i don’t want it to come either because then it will be all over with nothing to look forward to anymore. I’m of mied emotions at the moment.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on April 02, 2011, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Soooo awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 02, 2011, 05:49 AM report to moderator

I’m so going to the midnight showing for the last movie, I can’t wait.

Posted by LdySnake on April 02, 2011, 05:58 AM report to moderator

The Snape part sounds amazing! Can’t wait!!!! :-D

Posted by Shana on April 02, 2011, 07:37 AM report to moderator

Looks like Steve Kloves is continuing his idiotic Hermione-lovefest, having her lead the trio on the Dragon’s back.

How out of character, yet not surprising at all from the hack writer.

Posted by j@m on April 02, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator

I’m shaking as I write this- it’s going to be incredible

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on April 02, 2011, 08:49 AM report to moderator

Awful- simplified to the lowest common denominator. I don’t think I can go to watch this film- all the subtlety is sacrificed to turn a thing of beauty into nothing more then a celuloid version of a computer game for people of low intelligence. Appalling.

Posted by Beazle on April 02, 2011, 09:09 AM report to moderator

"By the way, my dear," she shot suddenly at Parvati Patil, "beware a red-haired man."[br]Parvati gave a startled look at Ron, who was right behind her, and edged her chair away from him.