"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Trailer Airs on ABC Family; US and French Dubbed Version Now Online (Updated)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
April 27, 2011, 08:47 PM

Update: Apple.com has made available the trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" which can be viewed in 480p, 720p, and 1080p.

As expected, ABC Family has aired the full US version of the trailer during the last half hour of the "Happy Gilmore" broadcast.  Clocking in at approximately two minutes in legnth, the trailer features a voice over of Lord Voldemort's speech during the Battle of Hogwarts and glimpses of the battle, Gringots break in, the castle crashing down around Harry, Snape's memories, Molly and Bellatrix's duel, Snape at Godric's Hollow, Oliver Wood sweeping into Hogwarts, the Weasley's surrounding Fred's body, and Harry and Voldemort tumbling off a cliff at Hogwarts.

Additionally, Cine.orange has posted a French dubbed version of what is expected to be the first full trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" set to air this evening on ABC Family.  To watch this trailer, click here.

Stay close to Leaky as we'll post the trailer as soon as it appears online.

Update 2:  Thanks to WB we now have a full range of viewing and download options for the just released "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" trailer.

WINDOWS HD

WINDOWS STANDARD

FLASH

QUICKTIME HD

QUICKTIME STANDARD

Many thanks to Countdown2DH!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Images_thumb

I think I’m going to cry! It looks absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on April 28, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I watched it again. Definitely having doubts about the falling/leaping off the building. Probably (hopefully) I’ll be over it right after, when the rest of the sequence sets in. Wand lore is not spectacular enough, I suppose. Pity.

Molly43, have you found the Molly-Beatrice scene yet? At approx. 1:26

Posted by Tarana on April 28, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh. ITS SOOOOOO AMAZINGGGGGG! I watched it probably six times yesterday….. and one of those times we paused it every few seconds so we could get sort of a “frame by frame” and catch things we might not have noticed otherwise.
I think I freaked out fifty times while watching it. Molly vs. Bellatrix. Lupin+Tonks. Fred sob. Snape at Godric’s Hollow. The statues.
One thing I don’t get though: Harry and Voldy jumpin’ off the cliff. o.O Don’t get it. I believe that Avada Kedavra curse may have given Harry some slight brain damage……

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on April 28, 2011, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

Awesome! I’m excited.

Posted by Cat de la Creme on April 28, 2011, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I’ve been pondering the similarity between the HP and LotR film franchises both feeling the need to insert somebody falling off something tall that doesn’t occur in the books, for fear that some audience segment (teenage boys with ADHD?) might get bored because there’s not enough nonstop mayhem. It seems to me that this is becoming a film industry trope or cliche that deserves its own nickname, like ACD or ‘arbitrary cliff dive.’ Your nominations hereby solicited!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on April 28, 2011, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

For the record, I am the mother of a teenage boy with ADHD, and even he thinks that this sort of thing is dumb and unnecessary.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on April 28, 2011, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Oh. My. Gosh! So very, very, very cool! Lots of derivations from the book, but it still looks fabulous. So glad they kept Molly vs. Bellatrix – I do hope they kept her line.

Posted by Xyra44 on April 28, 2011, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

I don’s have words to describe how happy and just how sad i am right now:(…it just hit me that this is almost it:(….farewell childhood then. AWESOME trailer btw, except i agree that the suicidal jump scene is a bit awkward and furthertoo unneccesary. July 15th is too slow! :)

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on April 28, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

*WeenyOwl. Love your ACD—perfect. I’m sure I won’t, but I feel as if I’d want to laugh when I see it.

Posted by izziewitch on April 28, 2011, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

That was amazing! The film looks to be really exciting. And I’m with Knives05 – the end of the book – Harry’s final confrontation with Voldy – was a huge let down in my opinion. I’m thrilled that Harry is going to get to really battle it out with Voldemort! I don’t mind the extras at all. I know a lot of people on this site are obsessed with the Prince’s Tale and all that, but I like the parts of the story that revolve around Harry and his ultimate showdown against Lord Voldemort. (I still think Snape was a jerk. All he cared about was Lily, he didn’t even care if James and baby Harry died as long as he could have Lily. And we was unnecessarily cruel to Harry. I love Alan Rickman in the role – he couldn’t be better. But I’m certainly not in love with Snape and the whole love story.) I don’t care about the cliff scene – maybe Voldy can’t all of the sudden fly when he’s being propelled off a cliff by another. I’ll wait and see how it plays out – maybe it will be great!

Posted by sueml on April 28, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Saw it on ABC Family channel… It looked awesome on my giant flat panel tv…

Posted by Won_Two on April 28, 2011, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-05-28_at_7

this is going to be an epic finale :) can’t wait

Posted by Louie.Weasley on April 29, 2011, 03:18 AM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

I don’t have a big problem with the whole cliff thing, either. From what I’ve read about the changes they’ve made – it seems as if they have an actual wand fight – with no effect, of course, as Harry is the master of the wand he’s using, and when that fails LV resorts to physically fighting Harry – and I suppose at that point they’re both just doing whatever they can to finish the other off and that’s just want Harry does in the moment. As for LV flying – the death eaters have always had this “half apparating/half flying” thing going on, and we’ve seen that they can bring someone with them similar to side-along apparition when they abducted Olivander – so it doesn’t seem like such a stretch to me that LV does that to avoid hitting the ground – bringing Harry with him since Harry is grabbed onto him at the time.

Fantastic trailer, though. I wish they’d shown more of the Molly/Bellatrix fight – but at the same time, it will be nice to have it as a surprise. Snape’s scenes look epic. I’m especially looking forward to the added scene of him actually finding the bodies of Lily and James and breaking down.

No shots of McGonagall though :(

Also, I thought the things in the courtyard were the knights fighting, not the giants. At least they seem to be holding the same type of polearm as the nights they showed close up. Guess we’ll just have to see.

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on April 29, 2011, 05:14 AM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on April 29, 2011, 05:50 AM report to moderator

“yeah, it was great and all, and ive been waiting for it for like… ever… but i really think Harry pushing them both off of the tower or wherever was kinda cheep and shouldn’t be in there.” Totally what I thought!:P

Posted by americangirlemmie on April 29, 2011, 10:50 AM report to moderator

"Well -- let's drink to a Gryffindor victory against Ravenclaw! Not that I'm supposed to take sides, as a teacher...," he added hastily.