Rupert Grint Joins UK's Make Mine Milk Campaign

Grint
Posted by: Stephanie_J
May 12, 2011, 04:36 PM

Actor Rupert Grint was recently revealed as the latest spokesperson for the Make Mine Milk campaign in the U.K.

The Make Mine Milk campaign, "aims to wake the nation up to all that's great about milk, reminding people that low-fat milk contains less than 2% fat, and being nutrient-dense, it's also extremely healthy."

A photo of the Ron Weasley actor sporting a milk mustache for the campaign has been sighted on buses around the U.K. and in national newspapers and magazines.

As for his own milk-drinking habits, Grint says:

"I come from a big family and my mom always made sure we had lots of milk to drink as kids. It's low in fat, refreshing and good for you, and really tasty too. Nowadays I still have milk with cereal for breakfast and always try to pick up a milky cappuccino when I'm on set or on a photo shoot - it's important to get your daily dose of milk."
A video has also been released of Grint taking the Make Mine Milk challenge, in which he drinks a pint of milk in 20 seconds. Fans are encouraged to try and beat his time in order to win exclusive prizes!

Some behind-the-scenes photos of Grint's campaign photoshoot have been added here to the gallery.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

John_s_books_thumb

I don’t know how he can still look that hot with a milk mustache. It’s just weird, no one else could do that. <3

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on May 13, 2011, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Lovelizzycriz_thumb

Why is it always a milk mustache in a milk commercial?

Posted by lovelizzycriz {WBM} itsmeJustin {MZ} on May 14, 2011, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I wouldn’t quite put it like that, but I sort of agree with Owlsocks. I’ve read something about it. Milk is only healthy for very young children. Ever seen a cow drink another cow’s milk? Nope. They get their calcium from their greens (read: grass). And I won’t even go into the fact the many people have an allergy for cow milk.
Sorry Rupert, you’re looking nice here, but I don’t like this very misleading campaign. Make mine soymilk !

Posted by Tarana on May 14, 2011, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

P.S. I do like the reference to ‘magic’ :o)

Posted by Tarana on May 14, 2011, 07:51 AM report to moderator
Audrey_side_lit_1_2_thumb

Honestly, though I love both Rupert and milk, this is a little disappointing. As a vegetarian, someone who is currently trying to stop eating dairy products, and someone who did a report on the meat industry last year, I only see this as the animal product industry trying to make money even though animal products are not actually very good for you and the abuse animals suffer (yes, milk cows, too!) is revolting.

Posted by Audrey Sunshine {ROAR} on May 14, 2011, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

I see this ad all over London on the buses! fantastic!

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on May 14, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I took a picture of it on a bus in London. Funniest thing was as soon as it passed me there was another bus going in the opposite direction with an advertisement of HP & DH part 1! Classic! Rupert’s picture is EVERYWHERE! it is on all the buses. You just cant miss him.

Posted by sidnandragin on May 14, 2011, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Fixed_thumb

He makes me wanna go drink some milk!!

Posted by iloveronweasley16 on May 15, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Cow milk is no good for humans…

Posted by Won_Two on May 16, 2011, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

LOVE and support what he’s doing! He’s such a funny guy!

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 16, 2011, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I still like him and he looks adorable…. but it is kind of dissappointing to see this. Everytime I see one of these “milk campaign” I cringe…

Posted by Carol Carvalho on May 16, 2011, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

It’s true that there are down sides to the dairy industry, and obviously it’s out of the question for all the people with lactose intolerance. But when you consider the insane volume of soda, with no nutritional value whatsoever, that’s consumed by the vast majority of young people, drinking more milk would definitely be a step up. The demographic that would respond to an ad with Rupert Grint in it is exactly the group that needs to reduce its consumption of sweet carbonated beverages. So I applaud Mr. Grint’s decision to participate in this ad campaign – even though people do need to be more aware of what goes on behind the barn doors of big agribusiness.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 18, 2011, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Good points WeenyOwl, and if anyone is worried about things like antibiotics etc in milk, it is possible to buy organic milk.

The treatment of dairy cattle is something to think about, but the cows that I’ve seen on a regular basis at a farm that we pass, are out grazing on good grass and we see them coming in and out of the field at times on their way to and from milking and they are relaxed, and look in very good condition.

The supermarkets don’t pay the farmers a good price for their milk, that is something which needs addressing, as that in itself may have an influence on many things in the dairy industry, including welfare.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on May 19, 2011, 03:01 AM report to moderator

[i]"Why,"[/i] demanded Ron, seizing her schedule, "have you outlined all Lockhart's lessons in little hearts?"[br]Hermione snatched the schedule back, blushing furiously.