New Actor Interviews: Rupert Grint, Natalia Tena

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
May 14, 2011, 03:08 PM

Parade magazine has a brand new interview with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in which he talks about the filming the last film.

What were those last days on set like?
“[Harry Potter] was such a massive part of my life. It really has been my life. I can’t really remember a life before it. For that to just all come down to just like, one day, and like one thing, just seems really strange. Yeah, it was emotional. There was a real sadness about it and quite an empty feeling. So, I remember packing up my room, boxing everything up and I had like, toys from when I was 10. It was weird.”
Did you enjoy being in more of an action film and doing bigger stunts?
“It was quite cool to film that. There was a lot of running, which is not something I’m really that used to. There are big action shots of me running across a courtyard with giants swinging stuff at us and spiders. I loved all the stunts and when am I gonna get a chance to do that? But I didn’t really have any injuries I don’t think.”

If J.K. Rowling ends up writing another book, would that be something that you would sign up for?
“I’m not sure. I wouldn’t actually completely rule it out. I was always a big fan of the books and over the years I’ve become quite attached to Ron and we’ve meshed into the same person, really. But yeah, I don’t know. I don’t know how it would really work. I would like to play the middle-aged Ron, yeah. We’ll have to wait and see.”
Read the full interview at this link.

NYLON magazine has a short interview with Natalia Tena, who plays Tonks in the Harry Potter films.
Tell us about your new movie, You Instead?
We filmed the movie You Instead in four and a half days at a festival.  An entire feature!  I've never experienced anything like it.  Exhilarating, exhausting, and epic.  I literally can't look at Red Bull in the same way again.
Read the full interview at this link and find out more about the film "You Instead" here on the official website. It premiered at the Glasgow Film Festival on the 25th of February earlier this year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Great article! First!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on May 15, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

Very interesting. I’m so sad it’s ending!

Posted by Cat de la Creme on May 15, 2011, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Enjoyed reading the interviews. I wish there was more Tonks in the movies.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 15, 2011, 06:22 PM report to moderator

I know many people want Rupert Grint to play Ron (if J.K.Rowling writes another book), but I think the reason he said maybe was because, although he will miss Harry Potter, he doesn’t want to go back to it! He wants to explore the life outside of Hogwarts and all, and I respect him! (Although I would love Rupert to play Ron in future films!) see, if you think about it, even Emma, was sort of tired after the fifth film, she didn’t know if she wanted to come back and do the same movies again, but she did because she couldn’t bare to see anyone play her role she made so real! (And I also think that she cut her hair off after filming because she needed a change!) That’s what I think when the Harry Potter stars are unsure if they want to come back!

Posted by . on May 15, 2011, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Fixed_thumb

I love Ron(: hence, my username. Haha. Rupert Grint is just such a teriffic actor and person! And of course I love Tonks as well. But what I miss is the countdown! We need it :(

Posted by iloveronweasley16 on May 15, 2011, 09:46 PM report to moderator

All good things must come to an end but as long as we all keep the HP love alive, it will live forever

Posted by suzyweasley on May 16, 2011, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Give us more Tonks in the movies!…
I like it when Rupert says that he got mashed up with Ron ^^

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 16, 2011, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Picnik_collage_simple_thumb

WOW! Yeah RON!!

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Rupert’s toys? Oh! I just think back to him in that little check shirt and navy wooly jumper. First time I ever clapped eyes on him. The onlt thing I remember thinking was, he looks like a Rupert.

There are some nice shots in You Instead. And I didn’t really mind David McKenzie’s last film Young Adam. Had quite nice cinematography and a good soundtrack. And I hear Hallem Foe is good so I’d likely check this movie out when it reaches SkyMovies

And @Livi22 Are you being serious that there isn’t much media coverage on this last HP film? I can easily say that’s not something HP has ever been lacking

Aaaand I want a countdown!

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 16, 2011, 05:57 PM report to moderator

"Put that away, will you?" said Sirius finally, as James made a fine catch and Wormtail let out a cheer. "Before Wormtail wets himself from excitement."[br]Wormtail turned slightly pink but James grinned.[br]"If it bothers you," he said, stuffing the Snit