Bloomsbury Poll to Find Favorite Harry Potter Character Open; Author J. K. Rowling Offers Her Choice

Books
Posted by: Edward
May 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

Bloomsbury Publishing has launched a new poll to find out which Harry Potter characters fans would pick as their favorite via this link.  Starting today, fans may pick from a list of forty characters which wizard, Muggle, or creature is their favorite character from throughout author J. K. Rowing's series.  Fans will also be able to write in your favorite if they are not listed.  The Harry Potter author herself has offered her choice for favorite character, as well.  Ms Rowling relates:

"Harry, although I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though) Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore.  We would have a lot to discuss, and I would  love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."
The poll opens on Monday, May 16, 2011 and runs until Friday, August 26 2011. The winning character will be announced on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 on the UK Harry Potter Facebook page.

Happy voting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Severus_x_2_thumb

@kyrstalkris, I think it’s understandable because in the books we are seeing events through Harry’s eyes, rather than watching him as a character. But he is a splendid creation: brave, flawed, but really good at heart. But I confess I voted for Snape.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 17, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

I’m having problems I can seem to vote for anyone below Lockhart. Whenever I click on a character below him it just selects him. I really don’t want to vote for him, I can’t stand him!

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on May 17, 2011, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Dracocorruption8bi_thumb

Love is the greatest magic – that happened to me as well when i went to vote for draco. i had to rapidly double-or-even-triple-click on draco to get it to deselect lockhart and select the delectable malfoy.

Posted by lowerwolf on May 17, 2011, 01:09 PM report to moderator

I clicked about ten times for Neville, and it still didn’t work.

Posted by hg1 on May 17, 2011, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

@hg1: Try typing Neville’s name into the free space given at the bottom of the space named “other” – it works that way.
LOL – it would be quite funny if Lockhart won this due to all the people who meant to vote for Neville …. but seriously – Bloomsbury should fix their poll if they are looking for serious results … and they should also insure people can only vote once.

Posted by siena on May 17, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

i voted for dumbledore based on the fact he is the one person i would love to meet most. i completely agree with jo, i would love to have dinner or coffee with him and just talk. lest us not forget all the amazing things he did that are sometimes overshadowed by harrys trials and talents. (as harry admits a bit too late in book 7) of course i do love harry too, how can you not?! but, i surely would enjoy a good sit down with albus.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on May 17, 2011, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Andrew_s_pics-_ligniers__france_005_thumb

I voted for Harry as ultimately, his decisions will end Voldy’s reign of terror. I love other characters too, Luna, Neville etc., but the story is pivotal on the choices that Harry makes.

Posted by cherriekin on May 17, 2011, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Call_me_snuffles_thumb

I voted for Sirius, but I sat there staring at the screen for fifteen minutes trying to figure out who to vote for! It’s so hard to choose. By the way, am I the only one that likes Ginny? I think she’s a great character; she’s tough, gutsy, and yet sweet at the same time. She also has a great sense of humor.

Posted by Free Elf on May 17, 2011, 08:18 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

@Free Elf
You not the only one that likes Ginny, i do too! Infact i absolutely adore her! She’s strong, brave, confident, independent and fiercely loyal. But she’s also kind and compassionate to others. And she’s quite cheeky and fun. She isn’t afraid to express her own opinions, like in the fifth book, after Arthur’s been atacked, when Hermione and Ron are afraid to say anything to Harry incase they make him even more angry, Ginny just comes straight out with it and tells Harry he’s being an idiot. I love her. She’s seems to be an underrated character, i have no idea why, i think she’s awesome! :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on May 17, 2011, 09:05 PM report to moderator

Harry all the way. I thought this was an obvious choice, but apparently not. I also love voldy though – for the very fact that he’s so narrow-minded. And lupin, and Luna . . . Oh I love them all – except Ron who I’ve disliked since he left in Deathly Hallows!

Posted by bricat on May 17, 2011, 09:51 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I had to vote for Dumbledore.

I was absolutely devastated when he died. I mourned for a week.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on May 17, 2011, 10:00 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

BTW….

I voted for Dumbledore BEFORE I saw Jo’s comment

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on May 17, 2011, 10:06 PM report to moderator

I tried to vote but it wouldn’t let me vote for anyone past Lockhart….I tried several time.

Posted by ginevra47 on May 17, 2011, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Voted for Bellatrix, although Snape, Luna, Neville, Fred and Geroge were super close. SO MANY CHOICES!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on May 17, 2011, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Oops spelled George wrong sorry.
Wow, I posted my last comment 4 minutes into my future!!! Does Leaky have the next divination teacher here?
Lol

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on May 17, 2011, 10:58 PM report to moderator

"Do you think we should go and [i]ask[/i] Hagrid about it all?"[br]"That'd be a cheerful visit," said Ron. "'Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014