"Thanks for all of it, Jo" Alan Rickman Remembers Harry Potter for Empire Magazine

Rickman
Posted by: Edward
May 25, 2011, 03:38 PM

Actor Alan Rickman (who portrays the character of Severus Snape) has written as part of Empire Magazine's Harry Potter Ultimate Celebration Supplement about his time working on the films.  In brief, yet touching, note, Mr. Rickman describes his emotions upon finishing his role as Severus Snape and recalls working with his young co-stars Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).  The note finishes with a thank you to Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling.

To view the note, please click here.

The full issue of Empire Magazine with the 36 page supplementary will arrive on newsstands tomorrow.

Thanks to Andy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman News

Leaf_thumb

One of the reasons I was sure that Snape was not totally evil was because Alan Rickman agreed to take on the role — I didn’t think he would have agreed to play Snape unless he was convinced that there was more to the character than met Harry’s eye. Plus, Dumbledore trusted him.
It’s a lovely, lovely note.

Posted by niggleleaf on May 25, 2011, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_artices_radiotimes_01_thumb

Thanks 4 posting!!!

Posted by roller on May 25, 2011, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Design_keepcalm_thumb

Awww! It’s so sweet!!! Alan Rickman is an amazing actor!!

Posted by sunny2017 on May 25, 2011, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Hp12_thumb

I can’t find the link for International Orders. Am I blind?!

Posted by caples9280 on May 25, 2011, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

:D great actor, great character

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on May 26, 2011, 12:46 AM report to moderator

What can you say … Rickman has class!

Posted by Mrs Norris 55 on May 26, 2011, 01:25 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

That’s so thoughtful and lovely, I can’t wait to see him in the film!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on May 26, 2011, 02:56 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Wow,such an amazing note…really beautiful!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on May 26, 2011, 04:08 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-05-28_at_7

beautifully written by an amazing actor. you go Rickman

Posted by Louie.Weasley on May 26, 2011, 04:38 AM report to moderator
Screen-capture_thumb

I’ve just got myself a copy! The photos are fantastic, and there are lots of reminiscences by the cast and directors. I wondered why there was nothing from Alan Rickman – now I’ve found it on the back cover! The magazine contains quite a few spoilers, but no doubt the Leaky team will want to reveal all after reading it….

Posted by minerva-rules-uk on May 26, 2011, 06:03 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

aww that is such a touching note, jo is indeed a great story-teller and alan really did a great job portraying snape. i must confess i was one of those who hated snape in the beginning, it was only around the time the half-blood prince came out that i started to have doubts about him being evil. i started to think that there was more to snape than meets the eye and that he could be some kind of a tragic hero…it turns out that he was protecting harry so that his great love did not die in vain.

Posted by mencia on May 26, 2011, 06:23 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I am waiting till I get the magazine to read this! I can’t wait :-)

Posted by Rosie016 on May 26, 2011, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Andrew_s_pics-_ligniers__france_005_thumb

From the first moment that I learned that you were cast as Snape, I knew that these movies would contain quality acting. Yes, Jo told the story, but you drove the vehicle with deft precision. Thank you, Alan.

Posted by cherriekin on May 26, 2011, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Tarana – do email them about your order – there is a customer service address – I actually thought my order hadn’t come through either because I kept getting an error message – but when I emailed them about itm, they told me they had received my order allright.

Yes. Mr Rickman’s thoughts are beautiful as ever – but, to be perfectly honest, I would have liked some nice pics of him in the mag as well as some more detailed comment on his character …

Posted by siena on May 26, 2011, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Touching words, but too few. I wonder if Mr. Rickman is still waiting on release of the final film, for the sake of the non-readers who don’t yet know which side Snape is really on, and why (are there any such people left in the world, I wonder?). I do hope that he will be more forthcoming when it is all over – it would be really interesting to hear his own insights on this complex character.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 26, 2011, 12:29 PM report to moderator