Phelps Twins Talk "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" with Empire, Join Sparkle Video Network

Phelps Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
May 27, 2011, 11:20 PM

James and Oliver Phelps, who have portrayed the mischievous Fred and George Weasley since the first Harry Potter film, recently had a chat with Empire Magazine about their involvement in the franchise.

Interview with James Phelps (Fred Weasley):

So looking back, how has it all been?

It's amazing! You're in a room with Julie Walters, Mark Williams, Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman: it's not the worst place to be! Even when we were shooting scenes on this last film... I was there with Sir Michael Gambon, and I was getting ready to do something with the Manchester Orchestra, narrating Peter and the Wolf. I'd never done anything like that before in my life and I was a bit nervous. He asked what I was up to and I explained and, even though he had this big scene coming up, he said, "Oh, I read that a few years ago", and took the time to go through it all with me. That was pretty cool.

It's clear that the whole cast has become friends.

Yeah, it is really. A lot of people think that we're told to say that we're friends but in fact, we are. There have been times where we've all gone out for meals when we were shooting in Soho or whatever, and to us it's just mates catching up but everyone else will look in and see us and ask, "Is this for real?"
Interview with Oliver Phelps (George Weasley):
What was your last day filming?

I think it was when we were doing re-shoots, and it was a scene at the battlement sequence. It was an added scene, actually, where James [Phelps, aka Fred Weasley] and myself were standing on the turrets of the castle, where there was a green screen and everything, and it was just ad-libbed for about a minute. It was quite nice, but it was hard. It was a weird feeling when they yelled, "Wrap!".

The way that Rowling wrote the final battle, you don't quite know how it's going to go, and it seems like there will be surprises for everyone there.

Especially when it all goes the wrong way! When the good guys are falling by the wayside and when you see that in the picture itself it looks really harsh. There are some cool elements in it, like when you see Matt Lewis in the battle. That's quite funny because, again, you see a totally different side to his character [Neville Longbottom]. I think you see every character in a different light, which is great.
The twins have also recently become involved with a new site called GlobalSparkle.com. The site features various celebrities posting videos and giving fans an exclusive look at their everyday lives. The Phelps' videos will focus mostly on the promotional tour for the final Harry Potter film. A quick and free registration is required in order to watch the videos. Check out the Phelps' page here where they have so far posted videos from a recent trip to Los Angeles and a tuxedo fitting for a Potter premiere.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Phelps Interviews News

02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

TRhis was a good article, but I’m still going to cry when Fred dies :(

Posted by joeys_mommy on May 28, 2011, 12:07 AM report to moderator

Me too.

Posted by Ratorr on May 28, 2011, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Count me in :(

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on May 28, 2011, 03:06 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

me too :’(

Posted by Emmaria on May 28, 2011, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

I might cry from the very start of the film.. thinking that this would be the end of the Harry Potter films… I don’t wanna see Fred dies T_T

Posted by shi suisen on May 28, 2011, 04:28 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Brilliant piece .. Hope too see much more from the Phelps twins ..

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 28, 2011, 08:27 AM report to moderator

I also think that I might cry through the whole movie. :(

Posted by bookworm1118 on May 28, 2011, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

Honestly, people, it’s just death. Everyone dies at some point. It doesn’t bug me as much as some people. But it was good hearing from them :)

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on May 28, 2011, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

DH2 is gonna be he saddest movie ever… Tears up

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on May 28, 2011, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Great interviews! Ahh, I’m gonna be a wreck during this movie…..

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on May 28, 2011, 02:54 PM report to moderator

sigh I’m gonna miss it. . . . D;

Posted by . on May 28, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

@cloethebelatrixlover It’s not just ’’death’’, it’s death of beloved characters from the films and books, we’ve all grown to love these characters even if they are fictional, you know there are going to be some people crying about it. I’m not saying it’s like losing a loved one, it would be stupid of people were as sad as when that happens, but it’s still extremely sad though, seeing those characters die

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on May 28, 2011, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Its so close to ending :’(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 28, 2011, 06:05 PM report to moderator

OMG FRED! saddest part in the books….Omg guys look at this very potter musical/starkid fansite…soo freaking cool… CHECK THIS OUT:

Posted by anastasia1234 on May 28, 2011, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It has been a fun ride!

Posted by Won_Two on May 28, 2011, 08:59 PM report to moderator

"So!" she barked. "Still here, are you?"[br]"Yes," said Harry.[br]"Don't you say 'yes' in that ungrateful tone," Aunt Marge growled. "It's damn good of Vernon and Petunia to keep you. Wouldn't have done it myself. You'd have gone straight to an orphange i

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014