"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Garners Six MTV Movie Award Nominations; Voting Now Open

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
May 04, 2011, 12:12 PM

Nominations for the 2011 MTV Movie Awards have been announced and include a total of six nods for the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film.  First up, the film itself has been nominated in the Best Movie category, along side "Black Swan," "Inception," "The Social Network," and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."  Next, actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) recieved nods in the Best Male Performance and Best Female Performance categories, respectively.  Tom Felton, who portrays the character of Draco Malfoy, is in the running for Best Villain at the awards, while the steamy moment from the Silver Doe sequence between the characters of Harry and Hermione was nominated for Best Kiss.

Voting for the awards is now open and can be completed right here. The 20th Annual MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live from California at 9pm EST on June 5.

Congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Wow nice job guys that is AWESOME! Maybe we will win one this year!!!!! FIRST COMMENT!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on May 04, 2011, 12:19 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

ilikeilikeilikeilike ..

Much Love <3 .. Woop woop ..
6 frickin’ nominations .. That’s so cool !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 04, 2011, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

Everybody go vote. HP DH1 is in almost every category.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on May 04, 2011, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

Stinking Twilight……We have to vote!!!! :)

Posted by crikeyhunter on May 04, 2011, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

YAY! finally some recognition for them! (maybe…)

Posted by Cat de la Creme on May 04, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Already voted! GO HP!!!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 04, 2011, 01:33 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Best Kiss? You disgust me MTV! hehe

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 04, 2011, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

i’m voting for hp in everything… even though all the nominations were really ridiculous. tom felton for best villain? i mean, he’s done great in the past as draco, but in this movie he only had about 5 seconds of screentime, and no lines! emma totally should have had the scared as bleep nomination for her torture scene, as well. and don’t get me started on the kiss…

Posted by horsepatronus64 on May 04, 2011, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I voted… Did you?

Posted by Won_Two on May 04, 2011, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

we have to beat twighlight! For all the videos on the sides they have Harry-hermione moments, it make me soo mad.

Posted by moisenallie16 on May 04, 2011, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I can’t believe Rupert Grint didn’t get nominated for anything!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on May 04, 2011, 04:38 PM report to moderator

I went on it and I voted ALL HARRY POTTER! (Well, as much as they were nominated for). But, I don’t know why Rupert Grint wasn’t nominated for ANYTHING AT ALL! He should have been nominated for ‘Best Male Performance’ along with Daniel Radcliffe! And I can’t believe Tom Felton was the ‘Best Villain’. I would understand it if he got nominated that award in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, b-but, really? Tom? He’s great and all, but in this film I would have nominated Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) or Alan Rickman (Professor Severus Snape)! =]

Posted by . on May 04, 2011, 04:57 PM report to moderator

First off YAY HARRY POTTER!!!!!! Second, I just realize that MTV doesn’t have a voting limit so GO VOTE HARRY POTTER FOR EACH CATEGORY THAT IT’S In WHETHER OR NOT YOU AGREE WITH IT!!!! That actually leads me to my third point, I seriously want to know who chose the nominations for best villian, I mean seriously?! Who can honestly sit there and put Draco as best villian for deathly hallows when he’s barely in the film. I understood the nomination, and if I remember correctly winning the award, last year when Draco actually had a real and significant role in the story and when he actually did stuff that was villian-like but this year? COME ON! He only had like 2 lines in the entire movie and in that one scene he actually had a role I seem to remember him helping harry by not saying that harry was harry, I don’t know how big of a debate that actually was but I honestly felt like he had to know that harry was harry, I mean how can u not know who he is if you spent 6 years in school with the person. anyway back to the point. I also seem to remember a couple of characters in this film who did some pretty horrible stuff yet the people doing the nominations seemed to not see that. What were there names again? oh yeah Voldemort and Bellatrix! If you are going to put a harry potter character in that category, and we all know that harry potter defintely deserves this nomination, then put Voldemort there! Dude is the most feared person in the wizarding world, obviously he should be in that category. If you didn’t want to scare little kids 2 much then you could easily have put bellatrix in that category, whom btw is just as bad as voldemort! If they couldn’t decide between the two of them then they both could have been nominated, I seem to remember a certain vampire love saga doing that with taylor lautner and rob pattinson. I also agree with whoever said that emma should have been nominated for that scared scene category. Bellatrix was freaking torturing her. Oh well, the point to remember here is that it’s great that they got as many nominations as they did! 6 Nominations is pretty cool! Unfortunately Harry Potter and Twilight are in the same category for pretty much every nomination except best villian. I just hope that the teenage girls who vote for this stuff (I still am one untill sunday so i’m not going to bash them quite yet) have the common decency to remember what a good film is and that despite teenage girl mega voting, harry potter is still the better film and it always will be the better film.

Posted by Jazzabelle508 on May 04, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Good luck for all of the HP nominations!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 04, 2011, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Roses2_thumb

WHOO HOO! SO EXCITED! I LOVE HARRY POTTER! Sorry, overreacting… :D

Posted by CassidyWeasley:) on May 04, 2011, 09:39 PM report to moderator

"Oh no, he's back [i]again,[/i] why can't he read on his stupid ship?" said Hermione irritably as Viktor Krum slouched in, cast a surly look over at the pair of them, and settled himself in a distant corner with a pile of books.