"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Garners Six MTV Movie Award Nominations; Voting Now Open

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
May 04, 2011, 12:12 PM

Nominations for the 2011 MTV Movie Awards have been announced and include a total of six nods for the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film.  First up, the film itself has been nominated in the Best Movie category, along side "Black Swan," "Inception," "The Social Network," and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."  Next, actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) recieved nods in the Best Male Performance and Best Female Performance categories, respectively.  Tom Felton, who portrays the character of Draco Malfoy, is in the running for Best Villain at the awards, while the steamy moment from the Silver Doe sequence between the characters of Harry and Hermione was nominated for Best Kiss.

Voting for the awards is now open and can be completed right here. The 20th Annual MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live from California at 9pm EST on June 5.

Congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Go and VOTE VOTE VOTE,HP needs to win this time.
And my guess is that Tom Felton got nominated because of the hard work all his twitter followers ;)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on May 05, 2011, 03:23 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

This is great, I really hope that Harry Potter beats Twillight!!!!

Posted by Rosie016 on May 05, 2011, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

I’m proud to say I voted for…Harry Potter, of course! :D DID YOU? If no, then what are you even here for? Go vote you prick!

Posted by Miss Weasley on May 05, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Wrong_thumb

Its seems odd to vote for the Harry/Hermione scene as best kiss, under the circumstances that it occured, but whatever, its just another category HP can win =P

Posted by ∂ʋмвℓɛ∂σяκ31*ЯѲΔЯ* on May 05, 2011, 06:05 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I refuse to vote because they had best kiss with Dan & Emma? cmon! it was the worst. For this alone I would love it if Twilight won! Secondly, to not have Rupert nominated makes me sad. He deserves it most of all!

Posted by sidnandragin on May 06, 2011, 02:10 AM report to moderator

Yahooo….!! I want HP to win all the awards this tym…cuz it can be no other tym..!!

Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

OMG HP is soooooo going to win! I voted everything HP (except for non-HP things)
But I didn’t get why Rupert wasn’t nominated for best male performance and Ralph Fiennes/ Alan Rickman didn’t get nominated for best villain.
Oh well.
Hopefully when they win, they’ll bring up those guys too.
The category I mostly want us to win in is the “Best Kiss” and “Best Movie”
a) So we can kick Twilight’s stupid vampire a$$
b) We REALLY deserve it! The kiss was my favourite part of the whole movie (Acting-wise)! Plus, this movie was my favourite (or 2nd favourite, once DH2 comes out) movie in the whole series!

As long as we win something, I really don’t care though.
Good luck to everyone who got nominated in HP!!!! <3 u guys

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on May 06, 2011, 08:21 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I’ve voted! Everybody, go click on Harry all the way!

Posted by Agrippa1 on May 06, 2011, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Jensen-ackles-supernatural-4_thumb

I want Tom to win!! xD

Posted by BellasRiddle ^HISS^ on May 06, 2011, 03:45 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Tom Felton rules .. I voted a thousand times . Well no, but many times though xD

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on May 06, 2011, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Hermione-ron-battle-of_hogwarts-fight_thumb

Just voted! Everything HP and all my other favs for categories that DH isnt in!

Posted by hermionerules5 {HR/R 4evr!} on May 06, 2011, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Hermione-ron-battle-of_hogwarts-fight_thumb

Everyone else vote!!!!! WE MUST WIN!!!!!

Posted by hermionerules5 {HR/R 4evr!} on May 06, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

We HAVE to win best kiss this year! Twilight CANT win again! :D

Posted by ronlvr44 on May 07, 2011, 11:03 AM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

We HAVE to win best kiss this year! Twilight CANT win again! :D

Posted by ronlvr44 on May 07, 2011, 11:03 AM report to moderator

I wish Rupert Grint was nominated for something. He is such an amazing actor and, in my opinion, never gets the recognition he deserves. i think is acting even improved in this movie. His facial expressionsin the Ministry when they’re escaping, when he’s splinched, when he and Harry are fighting in the tent. ‘’No, you don’t know how this feels!’’, and when he destroys the locket, to name a few!

Posted by Lisa96 (ROAR) on May 07, 2011, 06:46 PM report to moderator

...Sirius Black was gone forever. Sirius seemed a million miles away already, even if a part of Harry still believed that if he had only pulled back that veil, he would have found Sirius looking back at him, greeting him, perhaps, with his laugh like a ba

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014