J. K. Rowling's Secret Street View

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
June 15, 2011, 02:00 PM

Following the completion of the seven Harry Potter books and eight films, J.K. Rowling has something new to announce. Even though this is not a new book, we have been informed it is something equally exciting.

As a teaser before the official announcement, ten letters have been hidden on the website below for you to find. To locate them you need to find ten sets of coordinates, enter them into the search box one set at a time, and take a look around.

This is the first coordinate: 42.523356,-70.890698

The rest will be revealed among nine other Harry Potter fan sites at intervals throughout the 15th and 16th of June 2011.  Find the coordinates, enter them on the site below and you could be one of the first to piece the word together.

(Please note - These letters are magic, therefore do not exist in the real world...)

Good luck to you all.

----

If you're having trouble finding the clue, simply zoom in on the map so you enter the street view!

Other sites with coordinates:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

Oh my god… “publishing rights”…Oh my god..
I love you JK Rowling! Pottermore is official!

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 15, 2011, 06:24 PM report to moderator

I don’t think the DND door is open.I was on the website the other day and noticed that it was closed again.
Maybe it has something to do with that?

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 06:24 PM report to moderator

OMG!!!!!!! A new website!!!!!!

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 06:26 PM report to moderator

The link’s just coming up blank on my computer – is there actually anything there yet, Rubeus?

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:27 PM report to moderator

The DND door is open right now, XxMariaxX – I just opened it.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:28 PM report to moderator

I won’t spoil what’s in there for those who want to find out for themselves. Suffice it to say, it is much awesomeness.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:29 PM report to moderator

i have 9 letters

Posted by be.strange on June 15, 2011, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

Yes, Mark there is!! It says in Jo’s signature handwriting: Pottermore-Coming Soon. JK Rowling. In HER handwriting!!

The DND door is open???? Explain, please! Pottermore also has a twitter!!

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 15, 2011, 06:35 PM report to moderator

Now it’s come up!

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator

The door on jkrowling.com is unlocked – you don’t have to use the potions or anything like that, just click on the door handle and it opens and you get a peek at something very frickin’ shweet.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:43 PM report to moderator

I’d be willing to bet that it’s a sample of what’s going to be included on Pottermore.com once it’s up and ready – which means that I will have to retract one of my previous statements as to what the site won’t be…

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:44 PM report to moderator

That open door is for a date in 2007. When you spin the timeturner onto todays date, the door is locked with a do not disturb sign.

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 06:45 PM report to moderator

Guys, that family tree-type thing behind the door has been there for a long time. It’s nothing new and has nothing to do with pottermore.

Posted by kali on June 15, 2011, 06:48 PM report to moderator

Ah, ok. My bad. It’s been so long since I’ve bothered checking the door that I totally forgot about the time turner.

Posted by mark_sheldon1221 on June 15, 2011, 06:50 PM report to moderator

If you follow this link, you get a small bit of info on pottermore!!! :)

Posted by XxMariaxX on June 15, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator

"Like father, like son, Potter! I have just saved your neck; you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well served if he'd killed you! You'd have died like your father, too arrogant to believe you might be mistaken in Black -- now get