Wizarding World of Harry Potter Celebrates One-Year Anniversary

Fans
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 17, 2011, 12:40 AM

On June 18 at exactly 9:23 a.m. Universal Orlando celebrated the one year anniversary of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Guests and staff members inside the park were treated to some complimentary Butterbeer, cauldron cakes and Chocolate Frogs. The conductor of the Hogwarts Express led the crowd in a countdown; video of the event can be seen here.

To virtually commemorate the event and get everyone involved, a special Anniversary tab has been added to the theme park's Facebook page inviting fans to take a look at some of the highlights from the past year.

A fun Facebook application has also been set up for fans to raise their mug and share a virtual Butterbeer.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

First?

Sorry I missed it, but it’s summer in Florida. Very good day to be in air conditioning.

Posted by trontech on June 19, 2011, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

One year since I was there :D Wish I could have gone back.
Also glad to see Leaky back to normal.
AND more owls on the youtube page? Exciting!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on June 20, 2011, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Ya leaky is back to normal! Hooray! And I love this place ,,,I wish I could stay for a week and sleep at the castle..I might as well move in for seven years of school!!:)))

Posted by farewell_fred on June 20, 2011, 12:15 AM report to moderator

I really wish I could go. If only I could learn to appearate.

Posted by Ratorr on June 20, 2011, 03:09 AM report to moderator

June 18 is also my brother’s birthday. And he’s a Potter fan as well. Maybe something good will come of this somewhere down the line. (Insert villainous mwahaha here.)

Posted by honigmuffin on June 20, 2011, 05:13 AM report to moderator
Delete_draco_malfoy_thumb

I so wish I could go! I’ve been wanting to ever since it opened but haven’t been able to!

Posted by dracowasinnocent on June 20, 2011, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

I went last summer. It was wonderful, and I was so lucky to have gotten the opportunity to see Hogwarts.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on June 20, 2011, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Time sure does fly by!

Posted by Won_Two on June 20, 2011, 11:04 AM report to moderator
757920_thumb

Wowzers. I still need to go.
BTW the site looks SO much better now.

Posted by Beckatrix the Strange on June 20, 2011, 12:44 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

A year? already .. Not possible .. OhGosh .. I haven’t even been there yet !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 20, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I went to the WWoHP last August and although the weather was very very very hot and the place was really crowded, I had an amazing time. I wish I could go again soon, a nice cold butterbeer would be awesome.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on June 20, 2011, 04:31 PM report to moderator

I’ve decided to haunt Potterworld after I die. Watch for strange lights in the upstairs windows. (I’ve already picked out a couple.) Hagrids Hut will be a good place to relax during the day. Fang will be a good companion. You can hear him in there, barking occasionally when you’re at Potterworld. :-)

Posted by trontech on June 20, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

I live in Florida about 8 hours away from the Wizarding World & I still haven’t had a chance to go. :( As much as I would have loved to have been there for the anniversary, I wouldn’t dare go with the weather being as it is. (It’s almost 100 degrees during the day here. I would hate to think what it is south of me.)

Posted by Bara on June 20, 2011, 07:53 PM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

Its been open a YEAR and I still haven’t gone?! D: How did this happen?? :(
I’ve got to visit soon…

Posted by Crazy and Proud on June 21, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

i love wwohp! it is amazing! and i went there in the extreme heat last summer and it was worth it <3, i am glad it is held on for a year! i hope more years to come <3

Posted by handhrfan18 on June 21, 2011, 07:36 PM report to moderator

"If I hear you're using these Occlumency lessons to give Harry a hard time, you'll have me to answer to."[br]"How touching," Snape sneered.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014