Leaky's Fandom Memories Project

BigNews
Posted by: John
June 02, 2011, 12:07 AM

Many Potter fans are feeling pretty sentimental lately about the final film fast approaching. One of the final projects we haven't mentioned yet is a Fandom Memories project, and we want YOUR help with it. This is your chance to tell us some of your favorite memories from this past decade+ of Potter for all the fandom to see!

How?

Visit http://leakynews.com/leakycon/ and you'll see a timeline of events, and a link to contribute on as many as you'd like!

What we are mostly looking for is photos, newspaper clippings, fan art, and especially any high quality video you have relating to and best illustrating these moments. Additionally, we welcome you to film short vlogs of yourself speaking about your favorites in this list - keeping in mind we will using them in short snippets (so keep it short and sweet!)

To contribute video, photos, whatever you have, simply use a free service like http://sendspace.com and put the link in the comments (contribute) area of the corresponding moment on the page!

OH, and did I mention that the top contributors of usable, quality contributions will receive prizes?? Deathly Hallows Part 2 DVDs for the top 3, for starters!

We will use as many of your vlogs, photos, videos, as we can - and you have 2 weeks from today to get them in, so get started!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent BigNews News

Samus_thumb

Oh, wow. This is already making me feel sentimental… awwww

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on June 02, 2011, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

@RubeusHagrid Please don’t tell me what’s an important moment for me or other people, as you don’t know them.
I know that JKR said he was gay. And it’s true that it doesn’t matter whether or not Dumbledore is gay, as he’s still the same. But for some people (like me!) it gave them courage to came out of the closet, because of the good and awesome reactions people had to this ‘coming out’.

So in conclusion, Dumbedore is the same, whether or not he’s gay. But it was an important moment for some people (like me).

Posted by Niphai on June 03, 2011, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

What a fabulous idea, Leaky! Love this project!

Posted by Lillylove on June 03, 2011, 08:46 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

@RubeusHagrid, I think you’re missing the point that it was clearly important to her. This is so weird reading that timeline as I can chart where I was during the majority of those moments. I’ve come such a long way since 2001 and Harry’s been with me every step. It’ll be difficult to let him go. I just feel so greatful that he came at the right time in my life helping to inspire and inform me. I’m 23 now and I can honestly say my life would have been very very different if it wasn’t for Harry Potter

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 03, 2011, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

@Niphai: Okay, yes. But honestly—-his sexuality does NOT matter whatsoever. He was a great wizard, character, and man—yes? I don’t see why it gave you courage as he never did anything in the books/films relating to being gay…But uou can have whatever feelings you want of course.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

I love this, though! Its really neat. Rereading books for 14th time, on HBP :) Love it so much…Slughorns so great!

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 03, 2011, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Dumbledore’s sexuality was important to the plot, in that he probably had a crush on Grindelwald, which made Grindelwald’s attact on Dumbledore’s brother and sister that much more difficult for Dumbledore. He did not come out of the closet, as it were, but people closest to him probably knew.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 06, 2011, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 06, 2011, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_005_thumb

hi please join my call of duty modern warfare 2 group!
thanks:)

Posted by THEWIZARDGAMER-ARLEN on June 07, 2011, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

this is exactly what we need now ;]

Posted by Miss Weasley on June 10, 2011, 03:44 AM report to moderator

That seems so cool! But, yet, it’s complicated! Well, I’m probably not going to do this, but, good luck to everybody who’s trying! =]

Posted by . on June 10, 2011, 01:51 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

No new teacher had ever interrupted Dumbledore before. Many of the students were smirking; this woman obviously did not know how things were done at Hogwarts.