Ask Your Pottermore Questions

Books
Posted by: Melissa
June 28, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hi all!

We know that a lot of you have questions about Pottermore, J.K. Rowling's new and recently announced Web site. We've seen questions about how it will work, what it will look like, what it will contain, and more.

The team at Pottermore have asked us to help collect your questions so they can answer some things for you. Not everything (for instance, about exactly what will happen on July 31, or more details about J.K. Rowling's involvement) can be answered, but if you want some more detail about the site, how to compete for the house cup, how to progress through the story, etc., then this is the opportunity.

Just TWEET your question to @leaky using the hashtag #pottermore starting right now. Leaky's team will sort through them and send the most-asked questions to Pottermore by the end of this week.

Thanks, everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Owl_thumb

Umm no twitter, can’t we just ask here!?!I am…
In the intro video it says the most imoortant thing is “you” how much of the story is about you if any?

Posted by farewell_fred on June 28, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Ok, time to think up some questions!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 28, 2011, 04:53 PM report to moderator

I code websites, that email address will fail on most of them. Most email addresses are in the format yourid then @ then the domain a single period and the top level domain (.com or .net etc). If you have an email with more than one period after the @ then yes, there is a very good chance it will fail. Open a free gmail account, its free and will be acceptable for pottermore.

Posted by DavidTheUnready on June 28, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

DavidTheUnready: It isn’t that simple. I have an email address with more than one period after the @ (though not a .com or .net) and it registered successfully.

Posted by roonwit on June 28, 2011, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

*RubeusHagrid, that wasn’t a stupid question that roonwit asked. From what I had read, we’ll learn more about the house we’re sorted into (if it’s not Griffindor), but not that everyone else will. Although, I hope we can have access to that info.

Hope Leaky will post answers to the questions asked via Twitter, because I don’t have an account either—and don’t want to get one.

Posted by izziewitch on June 28, 2011, 06:28 PM report to moderator

I have a Twitter … but why do you need to ask the questions via Twitter? Why couldn’t you ask them on Leaky instead of Twitter. Confusing…. But my question(s) would have to be: What exactly does Jo mean by a “reading experience” for Pottermore? Do you have to unlock new content or will it just show up?

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on June 28, 2011, 06:34 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I just wanna know if Neville has Kids and if it will be revealed on Pottermore, I know, I’m weird :P

Posted by joeys_mommy on June 28, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

TheOtherHorcrux: Using # tags on twitter is a form of marketing, because much #ed topics are more likely to come to the attention of other twitter users.
It looks from the images that there a certain amount of unlocking required, because the Hogwarts Express image has locked tags at the top of the gate corresponding to Hogwarts locations. The gateway image looks like a user status page, and there is a winding path around circles corresponding to the books.

Posted by roonwit on June 28, 2011, 07:18 PM report to moderator

If I must be on twitter to keep up with HP and Leaky, I think I’ll have to twapitulate.

Posted by trontech on June 28, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

So looking forward to this! :)

Posted by willowandlaylasmom on June 28, 2011, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

So looking forward to this! :)

Posted by willowandlaylasmom on June 28, 2011, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Awwwwww! I don’t have twitter :( I’m soooo curious. I really hope that Leaky will post the new info. They probably will!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on June 28, 2011, 10:29 PM report to moderator
N1205979701_30034496_5665_thumb

I knew there was a reason I kept “Twitter” open and updated ; )
The question I was having was will ‘Pottermore’ be ‘monitored’ from people using tasteless or vulgar language or jokes? I know J K Rowling hates that and won’t allow it on her personal FB page. I think sometimes younger people think it’s ‘cool’ to cuss but seriously IT’S NOT necessary!

Posted by magic1017 on June 28, 2011, 10:53 PM report to moderator
25471_111038022244477_100000148399596_261057_6290952_n_thumb

wats Pottermore?i dont know this website yet…

Posted by johnkyutrhyl on June 28, 2011, 11:47 PM report to moderator
N1205979701_30034496_5665_thumb

The e-books are what I am so excited about! I can’t wait!

Posted by magic1017 on June 29, 2011, 12:03 AM report to moderator

Just then, Neville caused a slight diversion by turning into a large canary.[br]"Oh -- sorry, Neville!" Fred shouted over all the laughter. "I forgot -- it [i]was[/i] the custard creams we hexed --"