Round Two of MTV's Harry Potter World Cup Character Tournament Begins

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
June 28, 2011, 05:00 AM

MTV's Harry Potter World Cup continues, moving into Round Two with matchups such as Harry Potter vs. Lucius Malfoy, Molly Weasley vs. Bellatrix Lestrange and Fawkes vs. Hermione Granger. Join the fun and vote for your favourite characters via this link. Voting for all second round match-ups will close on Friday, July 1 at 12:01 AM EST. Leaky, along with our friends from DanRadcliffe.com, RupertGrint.net, Mugglenet and of course MTV News, has weighed in once again with our thoughts on how this round will go. You can watch the video here or below:

MTV News' Harry Potter World Cup Tournament Voting Schedule:
Round 1 – Monday, June 20th through Sunday, June 26th
Round 2 – Monday, June 27th through Thursday, June 30th at Midnight
Sweet 16 – Friday, July 1st through Tuesday, July 5th at Midnight
Elite 8 – Wednesday, July 6th through Thursday, July 7th at Midnight
Final 4 – Friday, July 8th through Sunday, July 10th at Midnight
Championship Round – Final 2 announced Monday, July 11th. Voting will continue up until the New York City premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2."

Find the official bracket here and more information at this link. Take part in Round Two right here on the MTV website. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

December_loadoff_087_thumb

VOTE VOTE VOTE !
Bellatrix&Snape FTW !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 28, 2011, 05:06 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Please note that I didn’t comment on being first !
Cause ppl who does that, sucks xD

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 28, 2011, 05:07 AM report to moderator

I voted on any I could, should be funny to see how they work out lol

Posted by suzyweasley on June 28, 2011, 05:28 AM report to moderator
Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

Voted for Harry, who is winning by a LOT right now. :)

Posted by Wiz Witch on June 28, 2011, 08:38 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

of course harry gets my votes, all of them!!

Posted by mencia on June 28, 2011, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

so sad luna is out (hence my name ;) ) but harry had my vote all the way !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on June 28, 2011, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Neville_longbottom_showed_his_interest_in_herbology_thumb

harry, of course!

Posted by Dobbys-socks on June 28, 2011, 09:29 AM report to moderator

I hope Harry wins because I think it would make Jo Rowling happy. :)

Posted by ethanHP on June 28, 2011, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I L-O-V-E Harry, but this time, I wish Hermione could win!!!! She is awesome.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on June 28, 2011, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

My personal favorites have all made it through :):):) But I am a little dissapointed about Luna’s defeat…Narcissa’s an amazing character but Luna’s one of a kind..Really, c’mon.

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 28, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

haha hermoine versus fawks, i cant choose!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 28, 2011, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Gossipgirlxoxo-716360_100_100_thumb

How is Luna out? She’s one of the best characters in the entire story :’(

Posted by roseteaxx on June 28, 2011, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Harrypotterandhalfbloodprince-trio-_thumb

Some of them are really close in the totals.

Posted by Gryffindor1221 ROAR (MarauderNimbus 209) on June 28, 2011, 02:15 PM report to moderator

Thanks for the update MyLeaky!
I voted: Lupin (sorry Hedwig!), and George (he was against Ginny, it was rather hard, but I got to admit, I love the twins! :D), Hermione (Fawkes is an amazing animal and he did save Harry in the Chamber of Secrets, but, no one, NO ONE, not even Harry Potter can stand in the way of my favorite character!), Flitwick (Snape’s cool and interesting and all, but I’m staying true to Ravenclaw!), Dobby (I wanted to vote for Kingsley, but yet, I didn’t know him as well as Dobby!), McGonagall (I really liked Neville, but I think she doesn’t get enough respect and I really admired her at the final battle! and she’s winning! only by 1.34% so it can go either way. . . .), and no doubt, Harry Potter (he’s up against Lucius! There’s no problem in predicting who will that one!). (:

Posted by . on June 28, 2011, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Such a shame Luna is out. She was my vote. Well I must vote now, be interesting to see who comes out on top. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 28, 2011, 03:51 PM report to moderator

"Harry... I as good as killed them," he croaked. "I persuaded Lily and James to change to Peter at the last moment, persuaded them to use him as Secret-Keeper instead of me... I'm to blame, I know it..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014