Entertainment Weekly Says "Thank You, Harry" In Special Double Issue

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 30, 2011, 10:07 AM

With just 14 days to go before the release of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2," Entertainment Weekly's latest issue is largely devoted to all things Harry Potter.

The special double issue featuring a young Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter on the cover hits newsstands this Friday, July 1. A sneak peak at the final film, interviews with the stars, an in depth look at the props and sets, and rare behind-the-scenes photos will be included in the magazine's fifty pages devoted to the series.

Director Chris Columbus ("Sorcerer's Stone" and "Chamber of Secrets") also recounts casting the young actors and bringing the first film to life:

The creators of the $2 billion-grossing Harry Potter movies may be laughing all the way to Gringotts Bank, but the success of the films wasn’t always such a sure thing. “If they had cast American actors or put cheerleaders at Hogwarts — and all these hideous ideas were indeed being pitched and discussed at the time – Harry Potter would have been one movie, not a series,” says Chris Columbus, director of the first two films in the most lucrative movie series in Hollywood history. “It would have just died.”
An exclusive photo gallery with new portraits of Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint showing their playful side and blooming adulthood is available on Facebook by 'liking' the EW official page

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Diagon_group_thumb

Definitely I’m gonna get myself 1 copy and Cheerleaders at Hogwarts?

Posted by Regina Potter on June 30, 2011, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

It’s already on sale here! I saw it at lunch…looks like my local magazine store got a little over excited and jumped the gun.

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on June 30, 2011, 02:44 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

It is usually on newsstands on Thursday in my area, I usually receive my subscription copy in my mail on Friday.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on June 30, 2011, 03:32 PM report to moderator

I NEED IT! :D

Posted by . on June 30, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

I need to get a copy of this and also the Empire magazine special on HP!

Posted by Felipe on June 30, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

Another wonderful Potter thing I must get!!! I still havent gotten Empire because it doesnt hit stands untill this week!

Posted by LunaLuver on June 30, 2011, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_dot_com_avatar-bymileycyruslover_1-0008_thumb

Totally picking this up before work tomorrow.

Posted by PotterPants on June 30, 2011, 04:52 PM report to moderator

Will head to the bookstore tomorrow to pick up both EW and Empire! WOW a double header!!!!

Posted by hewy on June 30, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Of course I’m getting it! I cried when I saw the cover and what they put.Perfect! And yes,Thank You Harry! I have bought all of their covers since the first in 2001

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 30, 2011, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I want this issue!!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on June 30, 2011, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

umm… ok so im going to be on the hunt tomorrow!!! only thing is ive looked for entertainment weekly before and never found it!! SUPER PANIC!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 30, 2011, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Definitely going to find myself a copy ^^

Posted by jedisakora on June 30, 2011, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Def_of_fangirl_thumb

I really want to get this issue! Tomorrow, I’m going straight to the nearest place that sells magazines and buying it.

Posted by shipleyweasley on June 30, 2011, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

They ought to say thanks… HP has sold a whole lot of their mags!

Posted by Won_Two on July 01, 2011, 02:33 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

So glads no American actors were involved (no offence yanks) I really do think we have to give Colmubus so much credit. He laid down the rules of the world he set it up and if he didn’t do such an amazing job there was no way we could have built on it all these years

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 01, 2011, 09:56 AM report to moderator

Ron was busy building a card castle out of his Exploding Snap pack -- a much more interesting pastime than with Muggle cards, because of the chance that the whole thing would blow up at any second.[br]...he placed the last two cards on top of the castle a

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014