MTV Movie Awards Premiers New "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Clip; Tom Felton Wins for Best Villain (Updated with Video Clip)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 05, 2011, 10:24 PM

Moments ago, Harry Potter actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) debuted an exclusive new clip from the forthcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" film at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.  The 75 second clip features a slightly longer look at the moment where Harry enters the forest to meet face to face with Lord Voldemort.  The clip then rolls into previously seen footage from the previously released first trailer from the film.  We expect the full video to appear online shortly, and will update here when we have it. Update: You can now find the rather spoilery video clip at this link in our galleries, where you can also download it in .wmv and iPod compatible format.

On a related note, actor Tom Felton went home with the golden popcorn statue for best villain as Draco Malfoy in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1."  Many congratulations, Tom!

Stick close for further updates and video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

You can see the clip from Deathly Hallows part 2 here:

I love it :D

Posted by Katara on June 05, 2011, 10:36 PM report to moderator

Wow, thank you very much for the link! :)

Posted by Juliette1981 on June 05, 2011, 10:40 PM report to moderator

MTV.com has this link: http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/660344/exclusive-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-clip-the-killing-curse.jhtml#name=news&id=1665162

It was only 30 seconds long, and except for seeing Hagrid’s reaction and a “long shot” of the AK hitting, it was all stuff we saw in trailers before. Hardly “exclusive” stuff.

Also, could “Potter” boycott these awards next year? Given that the Twilight movies will have happened closer to the awards, and the final one is coming out soon after next year’s, combined with these “fans” means Potter’s likely not going to win anything anyway. And I’m tired of seeing a trio of actors who could care less about their fans from the way they act. If anything, bring Dan, Rupert, Emma, Tom, and anyone else on stage for them to say “thank you” for 10 years of excellent work and give them an achievement award.

Posted by kmac23va on June 05, 2011, 10:40 PM report to moderator

I agree Juliette. Emma & Tom were very classy though

Posted by reneebio on June 05, 2011, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Yay finally some clips!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 05, 2011, 10:51 PM report to moderator

Kirsten Stewart over Emma, really? The clip was cool, but or course I wanted to see more.

Posted by reneebio on June 05, 2011, 10:56 PM report to moderator

You welcome Juliette :)

Why is it always the crap to Twilight who win all the awards. After more in 10 years work Harry Potter deserves the awards much more in Twilight. I already know Twilight will win best movie, and next year I will boycott MTV Movie Awards. I’m tired of watching Twilight win the all

Posted by Katara on June 05, 2011, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

Twilight wins because of the sexual overtones. Not for any kind of substance or plot ! LOL !

I missed the video …*drums fingers * I hope it gets posted soon. I watched the one from the MTV link and those slow drum beats reminded me of Harry’s heartbeat as he walked into the forest…again. * lip wobble *

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on June 05, 2011, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Fixed_thumb

So happy for Tom! However, I voted for HOURS for Harry Potter and am not happy that they slipped by with one measley award. For all that Harry Potter has done, one award simply is not good enough. They deserve an entire show to themselves! I am ashamed that Twilight of all things beat the magnificent Harry Potter. Let’s show the world what TRUE FANS are!!

Posted by iloveronweasley16 on June 05, 2011, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

HP definitely deserves the awards. I’m disappointed in these results (AGAIN), though happy for Tom. But yes, I’m all for a boycott next year. This is ridiculous.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on June 05, 2011, 11:27 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

I agree with everyone.. This Trio and other actors have worked their butt off to make this such a succesful franchise. Most of the main characters have spent half of their life, doing what they want to do. Loving the fans, and keeping up the hard work. Emma, should’ve won, Dan, Dan again, and the whole cast for Harry Potter DHP1..
I voted during the show, and I really didn’t stop. I knew Tw*ilight would win, just because its so predictable… HP deserves the award, and if they don’t win next year for THE ONE AND ONLY LAST MOVIE, I’m gonna. Rawr, I’m gonna be mad. But, you know what? We’ll keep showing our love, even if they win or not. But, of course they should win for working hard on the films, EIGHT films! C’mon voters, vote for the right one! (And I’m quite surprised Inception didn’t win much…)

Posted by jammjcpotter on June 05, 2011, 11:28 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

Oh, and congrats to Tom! Keep up the streak! :)

Posted by jammjcpotter on June 05, 2011, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

I think that the way in which these awards are allotted is a little in favor of Twilight. Okay, maybe a lot. I’m quite frustrated at the fact that Twilight beat HP is so many categories; Potter just is deeper, and bigger, and overall much classier. And the one we did win was not well labelled. All you Potter fans will know, Draco is not a villain. He’s justs a lost kid, a bully, but a lost kid.

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on June 05, 2011, 11:46 PM report to moderator
Angel_thumb

Everyone has to calm down a bit about the fact that Potter only got 1 award. Remember that the majority of voters for these awards are teens and people who are into whatever is popular at the moment. Twilight, no matter how disgusted I am with it’s misogyny, bigotry, and deplorable heroin, is still what is “in” right now. This is NOT an award given for merit, merely for popularity, and should be treated as such. It is not much to be proud of, having won this award.

Posted by hrrypttrfn328 on June 06, 2011, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Its no shocker that Harry Potter didnt win, but Tom did so a BIG congrats to him! We got one HP person out there winning and show we fans are strong and loyal!!! I’m watching to award show tomorrow morning, got it DVR-ed, so I’ll get to see it all then.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 06, 2011, 12:22 AM report to moderator

The Death Eater had pulled his head out of the bell jar. His appearance was utterly bizarre, his tiny baby's head bawling loudly while his thick arms flailed dangerously in all directions, narrowly missing Harry, who ducked. Harry raised his wand but to h