MTV Movie Awards Premiers New "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Clip; Tom Felton Wins for Best Villain (Updated with Video Clip)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 05, 2011, 10:24 PM

Moments ago, Harry Potter actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) debuted an exclusive new clip from the forthcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" film at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.  The 75 second clip features a slightly longer look at the moment where Harry enters the forest to meet face to face with Lord Voldemort.  The clip then rolls into previously seen footage from the previously released first trailer from the film.  We expect the full video to appear online shortly, and will update here when we have it. Update: You can now find the rather spoilery video clip at this link in our galleries, where you can also download it in .wmv and iPod compatible format.

On a related note, actor Tom Felton went home with the golden popcorn statue for best villain as Draco Malfoy in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1."  Many congratulations, Tom!

Stick close for further updates and video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Http_3a_2f_2f24

i don’t like this at all that every year Twilight have to win all the awards it is really unfair the biggest film franchise in history,the biggest film didn’t win it is really weird why?it is only that they like sexual scenes and it doesn’t make sense that they win all categoris and besides harry potter is much deeper and darker and more awesome than twilight honestly :‘(
even emma was there to present the clip for harry potter and she must have won for the best female performance not kristen besides she is named the icon of her generation by lancome and the best dressed of year by glamour even she beat victoria beckam
that is really unfair honestly :’(

Posted by Emmaria on June 06, 2011, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

@Katie_Lily i agree with u

Posted by Emmaria on June 06, 2011, 05:57 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

by the way congratulations tom u deserve it but it didn’t deserve twilight honestly

Posted by Emmaria on June 06, 2011, 05:58 AM report to moderator
S5001102_thumb

I have sent you this link before to Leaky, at least 2 weeks ago, but everyone keeps ignoring me. It has a clip of DH2 of Harry questioning Ollivander about elder wand and LV. I dont know why it is being ignored and then I listened to mugglenet podcast last night saying there weren’t any clips yet? http://cinema.jeuxactu.com/news-cinema-harry-potter-72-le-debut-du-film-en-hd-14112.htm

Posted by finley on June 06, 2011, 06:07 AM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

There is nothing in the universe that can ever pull Harry Potter fans apart, there is no one more loyal then us, many of us have grown up with Harry potter and nothing can take how much means or how awesome it is. But there nothing when can do about twilight except stay loyal to Harry Portree and wait until July 15 to show twilight how much better we are.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on June 06, 2011, 07:00 AM report to moderator
Megassa_thumb

Ty for the clip, finley. Although I was heavily disappointed by the change in dialogue >> The new AK-clip was pretty good, the mood was correct although Hagrid should’ve been yelling more and been more visibly silenced, he was supposed to be in hysterics, not… telling Harry not to eat his last chocolate cookie.

Anyways, it was sad the movie didn’t get that many awards, but I’m not surprised really. Deathly Hallows pt.1 was a good movie for us fans of the series who enjoyed watching the scenes we liked. As a movie by itself… Not so much, IMO. I doubt it’d even get nominations if it didn’t have the name Harry Potter in it. It’s all marketing, they put “Harry Potter” in the nominations and they get a million extra viewers that wouldn’t have watched otherwise.

Deathly Hallows had some cool scenes, the chase at the start was good, Ron destroying the horcrux was good, you know, but for the MTV movie awards? They don’t care about that. Part 2 is going to be an explosive, emotional and actionpacked film. It will be… Shell Cottage, Gringotts, Aberforth(although that might be ditched as Dumbledore was, and how on earth that fits with the plot I have no idea), Hogwarts battle part 1 including RoR and Fred, Snape’s memories, The Forest Again, King’s Cross, Battle part 2, 19 years later… You’d have to be dumb to not make an award-winner out of that. Heck, I bet Yates wanted two parts just to make part 2 an award-winning movie. Part 2 will win, I guarantee you.

Posted by Grimowl on June 06, 2011, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

yes great job tom ! i love how he goes from evil to that nervouse teenager that says “help me, i dont want this !”
great job ! and im waiting to watch the awards on dvr, so i cant wait to see the clip !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on June 06, 2011, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Megassa_thumb

About Tom Felton winning that one… What’s UP with that? I mean, he’s a great actor, he really is, and the award for HBP was fully deserved, but for DHpt1? I really don’t get that. Helena Bonham Carter should’ve got that, just look at how perfect crazy villain she is. AND she’s the one that kills Dobby. No, I REALLY don’t get the MTV awards.

Posted by Grimowl on June 06, 2011, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

TWILIGHT-MUST-BE-DESTROYED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any volunteers for the detroy-ie ?

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on June 06, 2011, 07:54 AM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

The sad part is, we only won the one category where Twilight wasn’t up for one! Whatever, we all know that Twilight fans have no lives, sitting around clicking ‘vote’ all day….they weren’t even nominated for an Oscar and we were, so that just shows you how our quality of film is far superior. The point is that we know that we are better quality in every way, that’s all that matters.

Posted by Emmasquared on June 06, 2011, 07:59 AM report to moderator

Twilight SUCKS!! It doesn’t deserve the awards. I’ve read all 4 books, and I’m truly surprised to discover that the plot is nothing extra-ordinary! Just a boring love story… And Bella is nothing but a ‘’my-shiny-boyfriend-is-gonna-save-me’’ type girl. Who dare to even compare her with Hermione?!

Btw, great clip. And, Congrats Tom. :)

Posted by Mahinique ЯOAR on June 06, 2011, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Wow. I can’t believe it. No- I can believe it. But I don’t want to. Ugh!!!!!!!!!! Why TWILIGHT?!?!? A crappy, typical book for dumb 15-year-olds who have nothing to do with their lives.
Before going on a rampage, I want to give my utmost congratulations to Tom Felton!!!!! You got our only award, and no matter how off the “Best Villain” category award was, you definitely deserved to get an award, any award, and it was the only one DH1 got. So congrats.
Now, back to Twilight vs DH1. First of all,like many of you have said, these [i]are[/i] the MTV awards, so they’re more for 14-16 year olds.
Also, not that I was surprised they won, but now I’m starting to be a little bit, (besides the fact that DH1 was infinity times better than twilight) because I Googled “Twilight” fansite and clicked the first one. There are no comments of congratulations or even comments about beating Harry Potter! Meanwhile, we have pages upon pages of congratulations for one, JUST ONE, award!!! I mean, considering Twilight won, I’m really surprised (and proud :D ) with how much more support there is.
Second, Justin Bieber chose Twilight over Harry Potter, so that just makes Twilight even LESS deserving than it already was.
Thirdly, PLEASE don’t boycott!!! I mean, sure, Twilight might be dominating, but DH2 really will deserve our votes, esp. considering all the hard work our WONDERFUL, AMAZING, TALENTED actors and actresses but into a decade of filming 8 movies.
Fourth, I was going to say this, but instead I’ll just quote:
-Grimowl

I totally agree, so don’t fret too much. Plus, this is just another reason not to boycott.

Although I did DVR these awards, I dunno if I’ll watch them… I don’t have enough money to buy a new TV after I smash this one when Twilight wins.

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on June 06, 2011, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

@Grimowl – That isn’t necessarily the whole scene. I, for one, felt that it had been trimmed a bit. All the interviews I’ve seen on the forest scene are that it’s virtual verbatim from the book. I’d be willing to bet that there’s more to it – more of the “It seems I was wrong.” “You’re not” part before Harry steps out, in particular.

I do agree about the awards – though it’s not the awards themselves, but the little tween fans at home voting. This is absolutely a popularity awards show these days and some of the awards/winners make zero sense whatsoever. I mean, can someone please tell me wth the “jaw dropping moment” in Justin Beiber’s Never Say Never was? O.o …. I mean, seriously? I think it boils down to “I’m a fan of Justin Beiber, so I’m going to vote for him in every category he’s nominated.” and “I’m a fan of Twilight, so I’m going to vote for anything to do with Twilight in every category.” Personally, I felt that Black Swan should have gotten Movie of the Year out of those listed, although I’m a fan of both HP and Twilight. And… let me assure you… although I do believe Tom deserved best villain…. if there had been a Twilight villain nominated – I guarantee that the tweens would have voted for Twilight. Sad, but true.

I wouldn’t take it out on the Twilight actors. To be honest, I felt embarrassed for them. I’m sure they realize what those awards are all about and feel awful that other actors/movies are being passed over in those categories, but are just in a very awkward position not wanting to be disrespectful to the fans that voted for them.

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on June 06, 2011, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

The clip was amazing (even though it was short!). Congrats to Tom! And I agree with everyone! Twilight has NOTHING on Harry Potter, so why isn’t Harry Potter winning more?

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 06, 2011, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

And I agree with #1HarryPotterFan123[ROAR!] Well said.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 06, 2011, 09:26 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Snape was looking as though the first person to ask him for a Love Potion would be force-fed poison.