Daniel Radcliffe to Sing at the Tony Awards

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
June 07, 2011, 03:23 AM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is set to sing at the 2011 Tony Awards this Sunday, 12th June, according to both AP and the official Tony Awards website. The actor will perform "Brotherhood of Man" from "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", the Broadway musical in which he stars in a leading role. Announcing his performance at the Tony Awards, Radcliffe commented, "I think we're one of the first, if not the first." The awards ceremony begins at 8/7c on CBS, so tune in early to make sure you catch the performance!

Adds AP:

Radcliffe was passed over for a Tony nomination, but says he's pulling for co-stars John Larroquette and Tammy Blanchard, who are up for awards. "If John won it would be just amazing," he says. "Only because I have a lot of scenes with him."
Find out more about the Tony Awards here on the official website.
Thanks to Robert for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Happy_thumb

Wow!!! Sounds great! Go go Daniel!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 07, 2011, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

FIRST TO COMMENT!!!! YAY!!!!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 07, 2011, 04:16 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool! :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 07, 2011, 04:26 AM report to moderator

Didn’t know where to put this, but is anyone else having problems with the ad at the top of the page. It keeps making the page move, and I have to keep scrolling around to read stuff. please fix.

Posted by lpierich on June 07, 2011, 05:19 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I really want to hear him sing!

Posted by mencia on June 07, 2011, 05:35 AM report to moderator

i am excited to listen him !!

Posted by sana_s on June 07, 2011, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 07, 2011, 09:43 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Welll he can sing , so why not :P

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 07, 2011, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Josfan_thumb

He and John and the cast performed this same song on “The View” and the David Letterman show. I already have it transferred to DVD. I wish they would do a different song.

Posted by Brightsong on June 07, 2011, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I knew Dan was on Broadway but is he really that good of a singer? I’m surprised!

Posted by silverkacy on June 07, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

I saw him perform on The View and he was great. Cant wait to see him again at the Tony’s! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 07, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I’m glad Dan will be at the Tony’s which we should almost all be able to recieve on TV. Good job, Dan. He is pretty brave in trying new roles.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 07, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Awesome! I’ll be looking forward to it!

Posted by Jacket on June 07, 2011, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

Hey everyone My name is Resa Potter.I’m very passionate about Harry Potter,and so are My friends.I love to write,in fact J.K Rowling inspired Me to become an author.I have a website where I post my work and stuff and then I have another site where Me and my friend write blogs post our work post hp stuff etc.I was wondering( if you want to) if you could check it out and maybe become a member?!C’mon us HP fans have to stick together!Thank you for your time!
Resa J Potter

My sites:www.resapotterandfiaweasley.webs.com
www.resapotter.webs.com

Posted by ResaPotter on June 07, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Angel_thumb

Well, of course he is singing at the awards. How to Succeed is nominated for best musical revival. All the musical and play nominees perform a number or scene. Also, no surprise it is Brotherhood of Man, since that and another song got standing ovations when I saw it last month. Will be l=pleased to see it again next week.

Posted by hrrypttrfn328 on June 07, 2011, 08:57 PM report to moderator

"We're not doing anything new?" said Zacharias Smith, in a disgruntled whisper loud enough to carry through the room. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come..."[br]"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you, then," said Fred loudly.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014