Leaky's Coverage of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" North American Premiere

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 14, 2011, 09:12 PM

Images and videos from Leaky's coverage of the North American premiere of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in New York City is now online.

Our first video is with director David Yates, producer David Heyman, and screenwriter Steve Kloves. Heyman talked to Leaky some more about the as-yet-untitled documentary by filmmaker Morgan Matthews that was shot during production of the final film, and also revealed that Part 1 is currently being converted to 3D for a future DVD release.

The second video features Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) talking about their best moments from "Part 2," future plans, and more.

Update:
Our photos from the red carpet can also be found in the galleries and include all of the aforementioned actors, in addition to Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and Alan Rickman (Severus Snape).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

On our way to the midnight show right NOW!

Posted by Maestra2 on July 14, 2011, 10:29 PM report to moderator

That’s great! But, not to sound rude, but how many more premieres are there? xD

Posted by . on July 14, 2011, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I am getting premiered out!

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2011, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

I jus saw the film

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on July 15, 2011, 01:59 AM report to moderator
Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

Just* sorry about that

I saw the film…..it was magical…..I feel just like Harry. A part of my soul is gone but the memory of its presence still remains…..HP4EVER!

Posted by PotionsMaster7 on July 15, 2011, 03:26 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ss_003_thumb

Just back from the premier at Silvercity Ottawa. This movie was amazing. They got the final movie totally right. JK must be happy with the way they ended it. Amazing!

Posted by Stixvix on July 15, 2011, 03:31 AM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

I’ve seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 twice and it was amazing personally i think it was the best movie in the series but prepare yourself for tears !!! Have fun everyone going to watch the movie!!!!

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on July 15, 2011, 06:19 AM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on July 15, 2011, 06:19 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thanks a bunch leaky guys

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 15, 2011, 06:54 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

Aww it’s really ended! I prefer the book though because they changed so much! everything I anticipated was either changed or omitted, harry & voldy’s battle was a downright disappointment! the epilogue could also have been better, no mention of teddy lupin at all & james sirius also wasn’t funny, they only really focused on albus severus, but the make-up was awesome. I enjoyed the prince’s tale, the resurection stone scene, king’s cross, hermione & ron’s kiss and the gringotts break-in. But overall it’s a good film just not what I expected :-( well at least there’s pottermore to look forward to :-)

Posted by mencia on July 15, 2011, 07:26 AM report to moderator
Stag_1__thumb

Well, Let me start off by saying THANK YOU LEAKY CAULDRON.You as well as HARRY have been a huge part of my life.We saw the movie last night and it was AWESOME!!! I think it has moved into first place overtaking POA. MRS Weasley was t great"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH’ Best line in the movie. Its been a great ride and i am not ready to get off yet so we are going back for the 9:00 am show today. Working on only 3 hours of sleep. Cant wait to see it again.And like JK said HOGWARTS WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO WELCOME YOU.I am sure the LEAKY CAULDRON WILL DO THE SAME. Time to go now..From DOUBLECORE HEADMASTER OF THE HARRY POTTER MOVIE GROUP :)

Posted by doublecore on July 15, 2011, 07:42 AM report to moderator

@ Mencia THANK YOU! You said exactly what I was thinking! Why on earth is everyone saying it did the book justice? I’m sorry, but I just re-read book seven and went to the midnight showing. They changed so much it was unreal. It felt a watered down cliffs notes version of HP. And Voldemort’s death was totally ridiculous. No one even clapped. (Because we already saw the end and it was called Peter Jackson’s Return of the King. And he did it BETTER.) There WERE some really awesome scenes that sort of redeemed the movie – quite a few…Gringotts, the Room of Requirement and the fiendfyre, The Chamber of Secrets was an added thing, but really awesome, The Prince’s Tale was amazing (seriously wonderful) and lots of other great scenes that made you cheer and cry – but the end was just so anti-climatic – such a total waste of what could have been so great. Sorry guys, Im ranting. I dont want to ruin it for anyone. But I was totally looking forward to this last one and I was depressed that they changed so much and left so much out. I know, I know, cinema is different than books! But I feel like they could have done a way better job with a lot of it. Especially when you reflect that they ‘spared no expense.’

Posted by LeeRe on July 15, 2011, 07:55 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@Leere thank you too! I thought I was missing something because everyone else says the movie was great. it is a good movie but it really didn’t do the book justice at all!! but it’s a direct result of the half-blood prince movie, they omitted and changed so much in that movie from the book and so much of book six is in deathly hallows, so they couldn’t keep to the book. part one was so much better than part two for in my oppinion. I was so excited to go see it but so disappointed, although some scenes were really great. you are so right, voldemort’s death was just second rate. personally I think at least that part should have been kept to the book, there was no need to change it, it’s perfect as it’s written. a more fitting ending where voldemort discover’s his errors regarding the wand and snapes story too. ah well they tried their best and it’s not a bad movie but certainly not the best, I still consider the goblet of fire as my favorite movie.

Posted by mencia on July 15, 2011, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

^^ I’m gonna guess that your “mug of butterbeer” is half-empty? lol

I thought the movie was fantastic! I’m extremely familiar with the books and I, for one, was majorly impressed with how much of the dialogue was taken verbatim from passages in the book. Not full passages, perhaps, but enough that I felt very much that the movie was doing the book justice. Of course, there were tiny moments here and there from the books that I really hoped I’d see visualized – Percy’s reunion with the Weasleys, the scene in Ravenclaw tower between Harry/McGonagall, McGonagall threatening Slughorn that they’d “duel to kill”, Harry talking with Dumbledore’s portrait after the battle, etc – but in no way do I feel the movie was a let down because they weren’t there. The stuff that was there more than made up for it. And some of the things that were changed/added were welcome improvements! I feel no shame in saying that I cried harder than I ever have during a movie in the scene where Harry tells Ron/Hermione that he’s going to the forest – a big change from the book, but a wonderful and heartbreaking scene! Best scene in the movie, in my opinion – followed closely by the Resurrection Stone scene and Prince’s Tale, both of which were more perfectly realized than I would have believed possible.

Let’s remember that an adaptation requires modification. It’s part of the bloody definition of the word, ffs. I prefer, personally, the Ron/Hermione kiss from the book, but it only fits in the book because of the background of S.P.E.W. It wouldn’t be as effective in the movie. The kiss in the movie fit within the movie. And if the final duel between Harry and Voldemort had been done exactly as in the book – I think that would have seemed anticlimactic in comparison to the rest of the movie. Some things have to be changed!

I love the books and I love the movies. To paraphrase a quote from one of my favorite movies – I live on both sides of the fence and, as such, the grass is always green.

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on July 15, 2011, 10:27 AM report to moderator

[i]"Kill the spare."[/i][br]A swishing noise and a second voice, which screeched the words to the night: [i]"Avada Kedavra!"[/i][br]A blast of green light blazed through Harry's eyelids, and he heard something heavy fall to the ground beside him... terrif