Video: The Last Days of Shooting Harry Potter Featurette

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
July 02, 2011, 08:06 PM

Yet another video featurette has come online this evening, this time a compilation of the cast and crew's thoughts on finishing the films as well as footage from the last day of filming. We see David Thewlis (Remus Lupin), Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) and more cast members wrap filming on set, and the video also includes some clips from Daniel Radcliffe's speech upon wrapping. You can watch the featurette here on YouTube or embedded below (you might want some tissues at the ready):

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

-_owl_post_-_thumb

Total tear jerker! :’(

I hope they include the full version of this on the DVDs!

Posted by Felipe on July 02, 2011, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

OMG this really made me cry

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 02, 2011, 11:26 PM report to moderator

I’m going to need lots of tissues when I see DH 2.

Posted by glenda74 on July 03, 2011, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

crying. really. they’ve done an amazing job, everyone.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 03, 2011, 01:59 AM report to moderator
0709091327_m_061608_em4_thumb

I am in tears, it hurts so much to say goodbye, this has been a passion of mine this horrible decade for me, one in which I lost my parents, have been sick, have many many worries, I am 60. Harry Potter and all has been a comfort and a love of mine, and I adore Dan, Emma, Rupert and give all of them my love, and support. Thanks to Jo who started it all. But, man, this makes me cry! I will have to take those boxes of tissues too, believe me.

Posted by CCB5Potterfan34 on July 03, 2011, 02:44 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I cry like a mentally disturbed infant…

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on July 03, 2011, 03:30 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I’m telling you my crying is no better than a mandrake… man it’s been 10 years or so.

I just want to tell you guys how lucky I feel to live in the age of Harry Potter, being able to grow up with it is something no other children born at other times can ever experience.

Be proud to be the Harry Potter generation, wands up guys!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on July 03, 2011, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Aaaah! Very touching. @SpinnersLibrarian, they may have been filming different scenes on the same day.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 03, 2011, 07:26 AM report to moderator
124634_thumb

Very touching…

Posted by Mindaugas on July 03, 2011, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@SpinnersLibrarian, they definitely film more than one scene each day, there are several stages and sets being used each day, you could never get a film made if you didn’t.

This is a lovely touching video, really hope that we get this and more on the DVD when if finally comes out, it’s wonderful to see the cameraderie, and to see how special working on these films was to so many people.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on July 03, 2011, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

Oh, how I’m going to miss them all. Don’t see how I’ll get through the movie, if just watching this makes me cry. As everyone else has said, must bring LOTS of tissues. Their hug at the end … oh my.

Posted by izziewitch on July 03, 2011, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

An amazing journey with an incredible group all together telling one of the great stories!

Made possible because they all worked so hard to stay true to the original material. In no small part because JKR set clear boundaries and guided them and worked with them.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on July 03, 2011, 12:29 PM report to moderator

this is one person who didn’t think she would cry and then proceeded to cry both times she watched the video. I need to make a note to pack tissue packets when I go to the midnight show. Between me and my friends most likely we will be crying our eyes out.

Posted by StarGirl11 on July 03, 2011, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Close_up_thumb

I’m just so sad for them all. 10 years of being a family, and they will always be a family. But it feels like that moment a kid moves out of the house. Something changes for them. So sad.

Posted by HelloWorld on July 03, 2011, 01:14 PM report to moderator

i cried! i never really thought of it being the end cuz i only really got into it last summer but this really did it! its just crazy that its the last one and its over!! :( and emma was right…they truly are blessed! but everyone in all the movies did a WONDERFUL job on everything! thanks for everything!

Posted by Mniskew on July 03, 2011, 02:48 PM report to moderator

"It was one of my more brilliant ideas, and between you and me, that's saying something."