Daniel Radcliffe Records Video Message for Military Families As Part of Joining Forces Campaign

Radcliffe
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 28, 2011, 12:55 PM

First Lady Michelle Obama recently enlisted the help of actor Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) to thank military families who were invited to a special screening of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2."

The screening was part of Joining Forces, "a national initiative that gives our service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned."

A video of Mrs. Obama at the Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceana's Summer Youth Camp and Mr. Radcliffe's accompanying video message was released by the White House and can be seen below.

A transcript of Mr. Radcliffe's speech:

Hi there everybody at the Naval Air Station Oceana. I'm Daniel Radcliffe and I'm thrilled to be here to introduce part of the screening for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in conjunction with Mrs. Obama's Joining Forces campaign. I just want to say that I hope you enjoy the film. I've a few friends in various branches of the British military so I know how hard you guys work and the tremendous courage it takes to do what you do, and the commitment you've shown to your country and the discipline in your lives. It's amazing. Though I play a hero on screen, there is very little heroic about me in real life, and you guys, I will leave that all to you. Thank you very very much, and I hope you enjoy the film.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Shaw__4__thumb

I wonder did Mrs. O stick around to watch the film… ;)

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 28, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

lol i hope soooo

Thanks for the message to our troops and sharing with us. I know they loved hearing from “Harry Potter” in person.

Posted by jasygrama on July 28, 2011, 11:05 PM report to moderator

What a great thing to do! I remember going to the movies on the base when I was little. We watched 2001 A Space Odyssey ( and yes that dates me). My Dad was stationed there for 10 years. Thank you to all the military and their families for the sacrifices they make, each and every day. Thank you Dan and First Lady Obama for bringing pleasure and fun to the families.

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 28, 2011, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Hp1_thumb

As a military kid with my dad currently in Afghanistan, this I’d great. :) thanks, Dan.

Posted by lumosnox on July 28, 2011, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

That was really sweet of Dan. Love ya

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 29, 2011, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

When Potter people get involved in this kind of thing it always makes me feel really happy to think of how many people’s lives have been made better because Harry Potter became so popular and it feels great to be a part of something that does such charitable things.
Well done Dan!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on July 29, 2011, 02:47 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

that was such a touching message Dan, you have a good heart and really were fit to be harry, thank you

Posted by mencia on July 29, 2011, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

So sweet! Dan, you truly are amazing !

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 29, 2011, 07:05 AM report to moderator

AH! Dan is a really really good person. He’s so amazing :D

Posted by camila_black08 on July 29, 2011, 12:15 PM report to moderator
T_129495617081304220_thumb

hes so nice!!!

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{HISS} on July 29, 2011, 12:21 PM report to moderator

That’s amazing! It’s nice to know the First Lady and Daniel Radcliffe are working together to help people! :D

Posted by . on July 29, 2011, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

Yeah, that was nice!

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on July 29, 2011, 06:44 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

What a lovely thing to do! Loved Dan’s speech, he’s always so courteous. <3

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on July 29, 2011, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Image305_-___________thumb

He is so sweet! (:

Posted by ElenakiMagic on July 30, 2011, 04:42 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]"Kill the spare."[/i][br]A swishing noise and a second voice, which screeched the words to the night: [i]"Avada Kedavra!"[/i][br]A blast of green light blazed through Harry's eyelids, and he heard something heavy fall to the ground beside him... terrif