"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Reaches $900M in Global Box Office

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 28, 2011, 06:48 PM

Reuters is reporting that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has reached $900 million in the worldwide box office only 15 days after its initial release. This makes it the fastest movie to ever reach this milestone, breaking the previous 18-day record held by James Cameron's "Avatar."

In the U.S., "Part 2" has brought in over $291 million and another $615 million in the foreign box office.

According to analysts, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is on track to become the first Harry Potter film to reach the $1 billion mark. Currently, "Sorcerer's Stone" holds the top spot as the biggest Harry Potter film with a total of $974.8 million.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Happy_thumb

Yay! We all contributed to it! I saw it in Imax 3D. ;)

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on July 28, 2011, 11:58 PM report to moderator

Saw it, um, let’s count, yep, saw it 5 times: Opening Night in 2D, that Sunday in Imax 3D, then Wed in 2D, Sat in 2D and again this Wed in Imax 3D. Uffta!

Posted by dragonfrog on July 29, 2011, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

@dragonfrog: WOW. I wish I had the time to do the same. I am seeing it for the second time this sunday (in 3D this time). It’s nice to read that I am the only one seeing it more than once.

@abandonedboy: yes, it is a reflection of how much people are willing to invest in Harry. Think of all the DVD’s and Blue-rays out there, too. My eight-year old is WAITING for when the DH2 to come, so she can see it.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on July 29, 2011, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

oops, i meant" am NOT the only one…"

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on July 29, 2011, 12:47 AM report to moderator

I’ve seen it twice. I hope it makes it to 1 billion. :) That movie rocked, even though they put a completely uncanon paring in it. Neville/Luna. It’s never going to happen in the world Joe created. They are just friends, and I love both of their characters to death, but they are not right for one another. And it’s good to have a Hufflepuff end up with Neville. I like that idea.
Anyone agree with me that they shouldn’t have done that?

Posted by HufflepuffDreamer on July 29, 2011, 01:20 AM report to moderator

I can’t believe I put Joe in there. No idea why. You all know I meant Jo. :)

Posted by HufflepuffDreamer on July 29, 2011, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

yeah yeah yeah thats the way to go HP.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 29, 2011, 02:44 AM report to moderator

Opening wkend figures don’t really mean much. It’s the figure that they draw the line under that counts most, and the vampires have never touched any of the Potter final figures. But now we need to look at the pirates as our next achievable target. Personaly i find it an insult that such rubbish sits above any of the Potter films. and i’d love us to knock the sinking ship from 2nd place

Posted by jain on July 29, 2011, 04:15 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

wow awesome!

Posted by mencia on July 29, 2011, 04:16 AM report to moderator

I saw it thrice in the first week! First on the day it released.. 15th July.. then 17th july.. then 19th july! All 3D shows! I was so high on Harry! And cried every single time. :-D

Posted by Radhe-Ravenclaw on July 29, 2011, 05:11 AM report to moderator

yeah lets goooo

Posted by lordbossdan on July 29, 2011, 05:41 AM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

Our movie must cross $1 billion! Wow!

Posted by agarwalsonika7 on July 29, 2011, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

Woo! :D Seen it twice in 3D, off to see it again this weekend hopefully!

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on July 29, 2011, 07:01 AM report to moderator
Bobby_tippingjpeg_thumb

i ’ve seen it twice. once in 3D in German and once in English with my dad.

Posted by Stoenk on July 29, 2011, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That is truly amazing that the movie has reaches $900M in global box office.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 29, 2011, 07:10 AM report to moderator

"No, no, no," said Bellatrix. She looked transported, alive with excitement as she glanced at Harry, then back at Neville. "No, let's see how long Longbottom lasts before he cracks like his parents... Unless Potter wants to give us the prophecy --"[br]"DO