ABC Family's Harry Potter Weekend Begins July 7, Includes New "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Footage and Online Competition

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 03, 2011, 06:28 PM

ABC Family's traditional Harry Potter Weekend is back one more time before the cinematic release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2."

Beginning Thursday, July 7 with "Sorcerer's Stone" and ending on Monday, July 11 with "Order of the Phoenix," the network will also be airing exclusive never-before-seen footage from "Part 2" throughout the weekend.

ABC Family is also hosting a sweepstakes online for fans running until July 10. A grand prize winner will receive the Ultimate Edition DVDs or Blu-ray of the first six films, "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" on DVD, the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2" video games, authentic replicas of the Gryffindor robe, house sweater and tie, and much more! To submit your name for the sweepstakes, click here.

The complete ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend schedule is below:

Thursday, July 7th
7:30 PM – 11:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”

Friday, July 8th
3:30 PM – 7:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
7:00 PM – 11:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”

Saturday, July 9th
9:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
12:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
4:30 PM – 7:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”
7:30 PM – 11:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”

Sunday, July 10th

7:00 AM – 10:30 AM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
10:30 AM – 2:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
2:30 PM – 5:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”
9:00 PM – 12:00 AM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”

Monday, July 11th

3:00 PM – 6:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" arrives in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Asha_and_caleb_thumb

I have the ultimate edition of SS/PS. I’ve set my DVR for COS. I’ll probably also set it for GOF and OOTP.

I will skip POA. I’ll proclaim Cuaron butchered it from now until eternity :-)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on July 04, 2011, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Haruhi_books_normal_thumb

I would like this contest better if you had a choice of which house robes you get. I would just have to give it away to one of my Gryffindor friends

Posted by pellegrinopixie on July 04, 2011, 02:57 PM report to moderator

Every time I watch the movies, I learn something new! Same with the books! And now, I’m re-reading Order of the Phoenix for the 17th time and I’m still loving it! In my family the conversation goes, “Watcha reading’?” “Number 5”, “YESSSSS

Posted by PotionsMaster7 on July 04, 2011, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Design_keepcalm_thumb

OMG!!! I hope I have time to watch!!! Hopefully they continue to do Harry Potter weekends even after the last movie is out

Posted by sunny2017 on July 04, 2011, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Okay how come when I click to enter it says both, the sweepstakes is closed, and then says it hasnt begun yet. Why?

Posted by LunaLuver on July 04, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator

i don’t get why they won’t put half blood prince on because when the second movie came out they released the first movie, when the third one came out they released the second one ,and now they all of a sudden change the way they put them out. sorry but sometimes it annoys me.

Posted by hp12369 on July 05, 2011, 02:40 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Hate these frickin’ baah .. Us. contest sucks !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on July 07, 2011, 09:04 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Hate these frickin’ baah .. Us. contest sucks !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on July 07, 2011, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Just going to watch my DVDs :)

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 11, 2011, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_ft__654654r_thumb

I love Harry Potter movie weekend! It’s happening in August too! Not just July.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Harry Potter asks if he can help Dobby... Dobby has heard of your greatness, sir, but of your goodness, Dobby never knew...."