Last Chance to See Harry Potter: The Exhibition in North America Before It Goes International

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 10, 2011, 12:39 AM

Fans still have a few more weeks to visit Harry Potter: The Exhibition at Discovery Times Square in New York City before it closes on September 5 and heads overseas.

Tickets are available for purchase online at www.DiscoveryTS.com, at the Discovery Times Square box office (226 West 44th Street) or by calling (866) 987-9692.

Harry Potter: The Exhibition has been traveling across North America since 2009 and features original props and costumes used in the eight "Harry Potter" films. It first opened in Chicago and has since made stops in Boston, Toronto, and Seattle.

Its first international stop will be in Sydney, Australia at the Powerhouse Museum from November 19, 2011 to March 18, 2012.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dordogne_2011__435__thumb

How international is it going? Coming to Europe aswell?

Posted by moonstone nox on August 10, 2011, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Why didnt it come to the west coast US??? I was hoping for LA so I could plan a trip, now I’ll never get to see it. :(

Posted by LunaLuver on August 10, 2011, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Wish I could go!!!!

Posted by farewell_fred on August 10, 2011, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I want to see it! I wish it would come to BC!

Posted by Jacket on August 10, 2011, 02:47 PM report to moderator

POTTERMORE Insider has been updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by tim_2006 on August 10, 2011, 02:48 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I saw it in Chicago. It was WONDERFUL to see so many items up close! Loved it! Go and see it if you can :)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on August 10, 2011, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Scarlet_tanager_thumb

I missed the chance to see this when it was in Toronto. SO sad I missed it. I hope it come back eventually.

Posted by trip_le_threat on August 10, 2011, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Thestral_thumb

I was able to see it yesterday in NYC (after coming by train, and if anyone’s been watching the news, you might understand how dedicated a potter fan one would have to be XD ). Get to New York if you can, it is fantastic—of particular interest are the props that even the most keen-eyed among us probably didn’t spot in the films. Lockhart’s full quiz that he gave the second years (and the very funny answers), along with a questionnaire presented to all the teachers by Umbridge (do you think it’s important to demand respect? Do you take risks?) are very detailed, and more importantly, extremely amusing. Don’t bother with reading the signs along the exhibit though—it’s mostly recycled summary, and while the crowd isn’t rushed, you’re definitely on a schedule. My only disappointment was the gift shop. XD I was expecting over-priced, but some of the items have a 200% markup from their online counterparts at the wb online store and the noble collection, and I was disappointed that there was really nothing “exhibit exclusive” to purchase.

Posted by zeitgeber on August 10, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Iconator_6f49d3d21092e00bd5143836ef5b871a_thumb

it would have been nice if it came to the south west rather than just to Seattle, we totally got missed here in LA

Posted by lizzardbreath on August 10, 2011, 11:01 PM report to moderator

Yes it is and so looking forward to it. Already got my tickets!!!

Posted by Spook on August 11, 2011, 04:49 AM report to moderator

Yes it is and so looking forward to it. Already got my tickets!!!

Posted by Spook on August 11, 2011, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Da_thumb

i have to go to this! my mom finally said yes! it better not be sold out when i buy my tickets!

Posted by harrypotter4258 on August 11, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Hmm…wonder if I can talk my husband into a weekend in NYC. He’s not a HP fan, so this could be a tough sell!

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on August 11, 2011, 01:28 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

It’s really amazing!!!Really worth the trip if you live far away from NYC!:)

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on August 11, 2011, 06:49 PM report to moderator

I was lucky enough to get to see it in Chicago and it was amazing!!!! The detail that went into the books and movies was also out into the exhibit experience. I would love to get the chance to see it all again. I would have to say that Hagrid’s Hut by far was my favorite… It was cool to get to sit in his big chair.

Posted by Jeremyp4 on August 11, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"One does not parade the fact that one is All-Knowing. I frequently act as though I am not possessed of the Inner Eye, so as not to make others nervous."[br]"That explains a great deal," said Professor McGonagall tartly.