Experience "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in 3D IMAX: Have you seen it?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 13, 2011, 08:58 PM

On the heels of news that the complete set of eight Harry Potter films will to be released in this fantastic packaging in November, we will all get to see the whole series-- and especially Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow: Part 2-- on our DVD, Blu-ray, or computer.  Before the last Potter film leaves theaters, however, we wanted to pose the question to readers whether they will watch the film again (or for the first time) in IMAX before watching again at home?  It's a breathtaking experience to see this installment of the series in IMAX.  Something unforgettable happens when the supreme IMAX audio presentation is paired with the kind of detail seen in 3D on the massive IMAX screens.

If you've already experienced the film in IMAX 3D, share your thoughts with us below!  To find out more information about the IMAX 3D experience, and to see where it's still playing near you, click here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hufflepuffpottermore_thumb

I had never seen any of the Potter films in IMAX and I felt for the last movie, i had to see it IMAX….even if it was just once…It was absolutely amazing and I would definitely pay the extra money to see it in IMAX again. I definitely want to see it again…even though i’ve seen it half a dozen times….

Posted by Sorceress25 on August 14, 2011, 03:48 AM report to moderator

I wouldn’t have seen it any other way. The 3D was good, but really didn’t add much to the film. The IMAX format and the sheer size of the screen (not to mention the usually vastly improved comfort of the theaters) on the other hand are worth every penny. I took my wife to see it a few days later on a regular screen (she can’t see the 3D right) and it was like watching the thing on my phone, the screen seemed so tiny by comparison. I would see it several more times if money were no object.

Posted by rbpenn on August 14, 2011, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

I haven’t seen it IMAX, I really need too! because I’ll never see it IMAX again, but I did see it at midnight which is good :D

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on August 14, 2011, 05:17 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I have already seen DH2 twice in a regular theater. And I’ll likely see it at least one more time before they are done. But I wear glasses and the 3D glasses just don’t fit comfortably over my own so the whole thing makes me a little queasy. I can look at 3D stuff for about a half hour at most – the length of a 3D show at Disneyland. Even then, one or two times was more than enough. Even things on an IMAX screen are a bit too much. I just don’t like it.

Posted by Eeyore on August 14, 2011, 05:36 AM report to moderator
Hp_wallpaper_thumb

Seen it seven times by now (7 is the magic number, right?), of which three times were in IMAX 3D. Seeing it on a large screen did enhance the experience (esp. the statues coming to life), but I was just as happy seeing it in 2D – especially as I’m wearing glasses myself and 3D glasses are very often too small to cover my own.

Posted by sue1308 on August 14, 2011, 05:37 AM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

i saw it in 2d midnite premiere!! i didnt c it in IMAX but i rele wanna!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 14, 2011, 05:48 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can barey afford to go a second time to see a normal showing. Sigh being a fan of Harry Potter would be more enjoyable if I was rich :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 14, 2011, 06:57 AM report to moderator

I watched Part 2 in IMAX. Only one time does it look different. Lets just use the word Dragon. I was very saddened by the use and effect of 3D on the picture itself. Blu-Ray would have been just as good. It does not really add anything to the picture, Yes, and I even have a 3D TV. If its so good in IMAX then release it in 3D Blu-Ray. The reason is people would quickly that it adds nothing, but costs more. I wish it did. At this point it works with animation great. Avatar was basicly that. Saddly the process does not really work on a human picture yet. If it did you would have 3D Blu-ray movies in stores by the score. Go see it anyway its their best movie yet and you get basicly higher defination. I have an 80 inch screen bring it on.

Horas1

Posted by horas1 on August 14, 2011, 07:54 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

It depends on the theater. Here in NY one IMAX is far better than the other.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 14, 2011, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

No IMAX theatrtes here, but I would be interested in seeing it.

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 14, 2011, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Yep, it seems to me as well WB is paying all to do this. Oh come on, Potter already made so much money. I will definitely not see it again in 3D IMAX, I went the first time and I kinda regret it. It was NOT an 3D IMAX movie,so…yes, the sound and the big screen is impressive but nothing more than that..

Posted by Matea on August 14, 2011, 09:07 AM report to moderator
B5b0f772-bdd8-43b0-a9b8-1bcacaf1598b_small_thumb

Saw it the first week. The special effects were “BRILLIANT”. The acting was incredible. I just wish that it followed the book more and used more of the original sets.

Posted by gardener 51 on August 14, 2011, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

It was amazing in 3D! I have seen it twice, and I’m going to watch it a third time on Wednesday, and can’t wait!! It’s really amazing, though you can really fog up the glasses(you know what I mean)! It’s so amazing it looks real and like 3d at the same time, and it’s not messy. One of the best 3d movies I have seen! Breathtaking! Very good, and it’s very emotional to watch the movie, with the special effects, scenery, music, sound effects and everything!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on August 14, 2011, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

Agree the IMAX huge screen is terrific, but the 3D definitely wasn’t worth the extra cost. I too wear glasses, so putting another pair over the first is annoying and not really comfortable. Loved the size of the screen though. Have seen it three times in 2D and that was just fine with me. Would keep going but I think 4 times is enough! Will wait for the pre-Xmas DVD release, hopefully.

Posted by izziewitch on August 14, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

And yes, WB must be pushing the fan websites to mention this. Why? They’ve certainly made enough money!

Posted by izziewitch on August 14, 2011, 11:41 AM report to moderator

"Where will you go, Dumbledore?" whispered Professor McGonagall. "Grimmauld Place?"[br]"Oh no," said Dumbledore with a grim smile. "I am not leaving to go into hiding. Fudge will soon wish he'd never dislodged me from Hogwarts, I promise you..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014