Experience "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in 3D IMAX: Have you seen it?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 13, 2011, 08:58 PM

On the heels of news that the complete set of eight Harry Potter films will to be released in this fantastic packaging in November, we will all get to see the whole series-- and especially Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow: Part 2-- on our DVD, Blu-ray, or computer.  Before the last Potter film leaves theaters, however, we wanted to pose the question to readers whether they will watch the film again (or for the first time) in IMAX before watching again at home?  It's a breathtaking experience to see this installment of the series in IMAX.  Something unforgettable happens when the supreme IMAX audio presentation is paired with the kind of detail seen in 3D on the massive IMAX screens.

If you've already experienced the film in IMAX 3D, share your thoughts with us below!  To find out more information about the IMAX 3D experience, and to see where it's still playing near you, click here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

I’ve seen it in IMAX 3D, and it was totally worth the extra money! :0)

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on August 14, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was really awesome. The movie would be awesome in 2D as well, but with 3D, the big screen and all that stuff, it’s magical.

Posted by tibby71 on August 14, 2011, 11:47 AM report to moderator

Not saving the whales here, they make movies to make a buck, that’s what they do, so get over it. But back to the actual topic, you’ve got Potter on a 90 × 70 foot screen, great sound, and nice audience excitement because of the general atmoshphere of the theatre, so what’s not to like. It’s a blast. Enjoy it while you can!!

Posted by vamjf1 on August 14, 2011, 11:50 AM report to moderator
22860_thumb

This newspost screams paid advertisement to me (doon’t know wether it is :)). Just the way it is written, eulogizing IMAX 3D.

Personally, I liked the normal 2D version more. IMAX is okay, although I never miss it when I view it without IMAX. The 3D part bugs me the most at a lot of films. I’m not against 3D, but it just doesn’t add much to the experience to me. For most movies in 3D, it’s just a way to ask more money… With Avatar it really added to the whole experience, but with films like Captain America, Harry Potter DH2 etc etc I didn’t see the extra appeal. :)

Posted by Steve on August 14, 2011, 11:52 AM report to moderator
22860_thumb

Ah, I see it is advertisement (like other people noted before me). Should’ve been professional to mention that imo. :).

Posted by Steve on August 14, 2011, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

i saw it on the premiere and let me tell you it was AMAZING. it was as if ron and harry and all the charecters everyone loves(and hates) were coming right out at you. at one point i put my hands out and felt as if i were holding harry potter, lemme tell you it was amazing. sure its more expensive but this is the last movie. i also saw it without 3d and it was still really good but defintly better in 3d!

Posted by ronandharrylover on August 14, 2011, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Posted by ronandharrylover on August 14, 2011, 12:25 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

i saw it in imax on the midnight showing! it was honestly amazing and worth to pay the extra money. The new harry potter styled glasses made me feel i was part of the movie and our crowd was huge! At the end there is a little 3D action when harry defeats voldemort and the little patches of his skin come out at you and that was rlly cool to see :3. I loved the picture quality and it was really HD :D

Posted by handhrfan18 on August 14, 2011, 01:21 PM report to moderator
20261_1274074097358_1395090330_30880094_3910781_n_thumb

I thought that it was very very strange that they weren’t consistent with wether portraits were 3D or not. Some of them were and some of them were not. I always imagined them being 2D, so it was very strange seeing the ones that were in 3D. The 3D did help out the battle scenes though — to make them feel a bit larger. In 2D they felt absolutely minuscule, and in 3D they still didn’t seem anywhere near as large as the book made them feel, though it was slightly better. I think the idea of moving the battle to the courtyard was the main thing making it feel so small. In the book there’s fighting over the entire grounds and castle, while the movies made it feel like it was just that one courtyard (which they enlarged, because they wanted to put the whole battle there) and a few small skirmishes throughout the castle. But I’ve gotten mostly off the topic of the 3D aspect of the film, so I’ll shut up now.

Posted by Egor on August 14, 2011, 01:50 PM report to moderator

I saw it in IMAX 3D at midnight and I LOVED IT! Is was like extra, extra, extra, EXTRA, high definition and it made appreciate the film more! I was sitting in the corner so I didn’t get the 3D view, but it was definetely an unforgettable moment! (:

Posted by . on August 14, 2011, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

..since when does Leaky post advertisements as news..?

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on August 14, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

I’ve been to the movie twice (once in 2D and once in IMAX 3D) and the imax was amazing! the 3D was great, and seeing it on that huge screen was awesome!

Posted by sirius33 on August 14, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator
139710-emma-watson_thumb

I was so crazy tht i actually went to another country only 2 watch it in 3D!!! as it hasn’t been released in Bangladesh. I watched it in Bangkok Siam Paragon…tht is a heck of a cineplex! Everywhere i c Harry Potter decorations were there!! n 2 watch it on 3d was like a dream come true as it was da first n last time i ever saw HP on big screen! So it was indeed a perfect ending 4 me! my eyes became tearful whn snape died, whn snape was embracing lily’s dead body, even whn voldemort died! coz tht was da scene whn it hit me tht finally voldmrt’s dead tht means HP has cum to an end! thnk god i was wearing 3d glasses so no1 actually saw my watery eyes! i wud luv 2 c it again on 3d!i really wish tht the theatres will continue playing HP 4 the next few years..so tht i can again watch it whnever i want!
Luv ya HP!

Posted by samira.rahman3 on August 15, 2011, 06:10 AM report to moderator
139710-emma-watson_thumb

@handhrfan18…yes i also felt the little patches of Voldemort’’s skin..they were like bits of paper…i could literally feel it…i wanted to catch them so much!

Posted by samira.rahman3 on August 15, 2011, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Abd4_day_without_fusion_thumb

IMAX advertisement? I thought leaky was better than that.

Posted by Elizabeth on August 15, 2011, 09:08 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"...two Muggles have lost fingers and are now in St. Mungo's for emergency bone regrowth and memory modification. Just think of it, Muggles in St. Mungo's! I wonder which ward they're in?"[br]And he looked eagerly around as though hoping to see a signpost