Experience "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in 3D IMAX: Have you seen it?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 13, 2011, 08:58 PM

On the heels of news that the complete set of eight Harry Potter films will to be released in this fantastic packaging in November, we will all get to see the whole series-- and especially Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow: Part 2-- on our DVD, Blu-ray, or computer.  Before the last Potter film leaves theaters, however, we wanted to pose the question to readers whether they will watch the film again (or for the first time) in IMAX before watching again at home?  It's a breathtaking experience to see this installment of the series in IMAX.  Something unforgettable happens when the supreme IMAX audio presentation is paired with the kind of detail seen in 3D on the massive IMAX screens.

If you've already experienced the film in IMAX 3D, share your thoughts with us below!  To find out more information about the IMAX 3D experience, and to see where it's still playing near you, click here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dordogne_2011__435__thumb

I’ll see it tomorrow in 3D at 10.00 pm. I’t the last time it ‘ll be played in 3D in theatres in Belgium… and i’ll be there!!

Posted by moonstone nox on August 15, 2011, 10:23 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

I became a Harry Potter fan a year before Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix movie was out, so it was the first Harry Potter movie I watched in theatre and I watched it in IMAX. From then on, I watch every Harry Potter movies in IMAX, and sometimes in normal theatres. Although IMAX tickets are more expensive (almost twice as much as the normal ones), I think it worths it. IMAX 3D is crystal clear, and even scenes that are very dark can be seen clearly. The screen is large, and the hi-fi is really good. Watching Harry potter films in IMAX adds excitement to the experience. That’s why I always start checking the IMAX website a month or two before the film is out as I want to buy the middlest seat in the last row- the best seat. ;)))))

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on August 15, 2011, 11:34 AM report to moderator

have seen the movie 6 times – twice in IMAX – that was by far my favorite version, eve though it gets fuzzy at times. It is just so great to be able to explore the beautifully rich sets on the huge screen. Worth. It.!!

Posted by copepodlvr on August 15, 2011, 11:32 PM report to moderator

I saw it the first time in 2D. My niece saw it opening night in 3D. We went to 3D IMAX together. We both thought it was really awesome in IMAX 3D. I was surprised at how muc better she liked the IMAX experience vs. regular 3D.

Posted by purpleowl on August 16, 2011, 11:25 PM report to moderator

I thought it was wonderful in IMAX. My daughter and I saw it at a mall IMAX and then went to one at the MN Zoo which is much bigger. It was really amazing on the bigger IMAX. I personally don’t think the 3D is that amazing in this film (not like the DD/ Voldy fight in OOTP), but it does add to the magical feeling. It felt just a little less magical when I saw it in 2D, but my daughter and I both had trouble with the 3D glasses getting in the way of our sobbing! Bring your tissues so you can dry your eyes and glasses! I am glad I saw it in IMAX.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on August 17, 2011, 01:37 AM report to moderator
Hp_pics____013_thumb

YES I HAVE SEEN IT and I cried the whole time XD
That was the BEST movie I have ever seen and will probrolly be the most awesome movie i will EVER see <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Posted by StephPotter on August 17, 2011, 01:59 AM report to moderator

I’m hoping to see the final film in IMAX sometime before it is too late, but I can’t quite yet since the nearest location for it is too far away. :-) Maybe I’ll see it at Universal Studios when I go to the celebration in November.

Posted by HPMonkey4 on August 17, 2011, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Saw it just two days ago. It was the most supermegafoxyawesomest experience i ever had

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 18, 2011, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Have to get it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 01, 2011, 01:54 PM report to moderator

One follow -up question. Why is deadly hollows not being released in Blu-Ray 3D? Part 1 Just missed out being released in 3D well by now it must be done or in a vault somewhere. Part two was in 3D and their is no reason that it can not be shown on 3D TV’S. Parts 1 and 2 should give people a choice. DVD or Blu-Ray. Then If you want it a 3D vesion. They both use the same process . Many Discovery programs were remastered in 3D, to my shock they looked better than I could have believed and they were shot in 35mil.when 3D was a pipe dream for home intertainment.

The Parts 1 and esp 2 could easily made for 3D TV. I personally will not purchase anymore Harry Potter Movies until it is released in 3D. In Fact all of the 8 Harry Potter Films could be made into 3D. Or how about a directors cut that might have lasted 3 hours. It could be done on all the films instead of hearing from the trio the same thing over and over. Do you think that would make them even more money. But I guessed that that would be to far sited . They all said how many great moments were taken out of part 2 now that would be worth purchasing don’t you think? I know that it is a little off topic but if you can take a 10 year old show and make great 3D whats the Problem. I think you are right that the I-MAX you see it in might make a difference.

horas1

Posted by horas1 on September 17, 2011, 05:21 PM report to moderator

And as the veela danced faster and faster, wild, half-formed thoughts started chasing through Harry's dazed mind. He wanted to do something very impressive, right now. Jumping from the box into the stadium seemed a good idea... but would it be good enough

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014