Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hermioneavatar_thumb

I hope it isn’t based on when we got in, as I didn’t get in until the 5th day. Super excited anyways though!

Posted by angelcat59 on August 15, 2011, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

Can’t wait till October! I put in my email so I can get an early email! I feel sad that I’m not one of the first million to find the golden quill though.

Posted by Tanderule on August 15, 2011, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Wolf_4_thumb

I’m dying to get in! I didn’t even get the congrats email yet, but if I try and log in i find the usual “Congratulations!” etc. which means I’m in the beta group…probably in one of the last waves, though…
How many people have been admitted yet? Any idea?

Posted by Talenami on August 15, 2011, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@Doziami I’m not suprised that they went all out on this.
@tim That’s a good idea.

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 15, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@Talenami I think all of first day and some random people from different days. I got it the second day, but I still haven’t gotten in yet, so it’s hard to say what exactly the order is (if there is one).

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 15, 2011, 03:46 PM report to moderator
All_was_well_by_shelbi_s-d3i2cdi_thumb

congratulations to all who got in…I’m soo excited and can’t wait to get on the train ;)

Posted by elanor17 on August 15, 2011, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

OMG im too EXCITED !!!!! goes into email and checks again

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 15, 2011, 03:48 PM report to moderator

i signed in the 1st day so i really hope i ’ll get in reallllyyyyyyyyyyy soon!!!!!!!!!

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 15, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator

in hypable they say that they had signed in on day 6 and 7 and they got the email……that’s sad

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 15, 2011, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

that is sad!! i got in on day 3!!!!!! i rele hope i get the email b4 september cuz i wanna check out the website b4 school starts!!!!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 15, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Diagon_alley_thumb

i got in on the 1st day and still waiting for my welcome email. have to say though if its not coming before i go to bed it better not arrive while im at work tomorrow as it will make it the longest day waiting to go home and log in

Posted by ThestralHex on August 15, 2011, 03:59 PM report to moderator

ahaque521 me too and this year it’s my final year and I’ ll have no freetime as i m giving Pannellhnies :(

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 15, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Yay! I’m looking forward to it. Those rainy summer days will fly by here!

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 15, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator

dear pottermore, please send me my welcome email!!!!!!

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 15, 2011, 04:05 PM report to moderator

Personally, I’m happy for those that got in, of course, but I am ridiculously jealous. I, like others, awoke at 3 a.m. on the first day, because they told us that it would be “first come first serve”. I really wish they had specified that the FCFS would only apply to the registration process, rather than allow all of us Potterheads to believe that it applied to the beta testing. Again, I’m glad that they’re letting anyone in, but I wish we had some advanced notice, it would have saved a lot of people a great deal of disappointment.

Posted by hpgirl1996 on August 15, 2011, 04:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[Harry] had never before considered the possibility that there might be another teacher in the world he hated more than Snape, but as he walked back toward Gryffindor Tower he had to admit he had found a contender. [i]She's evil,[/i] he thought, as he cli